ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged Sunflower + Forged Engine + Brembos + Recaros + 16" F1s

Trophy Turbo :)
Craig get this updated on CT :)

Wow what a car stunning, i have had nothing but good things about the engineering company, but Owen said they have been s**t from start to end! Im sorry i recommended them!

Charger looks huge in that picture.

Its does look quite big doesn't it :evil:

This is a work of art looks fantastic!

Thanks stu :eek:

Sorry but this is by far the best PH1 ever?
So much want! and that interior is amazing.

Thanks dude but not sure about that there's some amazing ph1s on this site. The interior was the only thing I had planned to change when I bought the car 2yr ago ohh well lol.

1. Can we swap seats please?
2. Was the 200 wheel an easy fit?

I f**king love this car!!

1. No :rasp: I've told you before if you fit recaros you'll only want to fit a ph2 dash so they don't look out of place, so you best get a dash fitted too lol

2. Yeah very easy to fit mate, just needs a little lug trimming off & they go straight on.

This car is so awesome!

Cheers mate :)

Craig get this updated on CT :)

Wow what a car stunning, i have had nothing but good things about the engineering company, but Owen said they have been s**t from start to end! Im sorry i recommended them!

Cheers Andy, im going to put the thread over on CT.

No worries mate things happen, I just think they can't afford to turn business away & just get too much built up waiting to be done & can't stick to the dates they've promised ppl things will be done. But then I couldn't believe it when I seen how little sealant they had put on the end cap :rolleyes:

Couple more things turned up in the post :)

A new number plate light to freshen things up the old one looks about 50yr old, will fit a l.e.d bulbs too.

& a ph2 handbrake, it's the only thing I didn't have when I done the ph2 interior change & as times gone on I just forgot about it but the ph1 light grey one looks a mess so I'll get it swapped over.

4F8D857B-AFCF-4BF0-A142-CF14C54BBCB1-222-00000042577F6AB4.jpg

61CA1F23-EEEF-4A73-8373-B63B5A5476D6-222-00000042518AE9FF.jpg

Thanks for the kind comments lads :)

Went & picked some engine oil up today id been waiting for, Millers 5w40 Nanodrive for racing engines, wasnt cheap at £64 for 5ltrs but its supposed to be good so thought id try it out.

BCA0B515-5EBE-476E-824C-C41EB4619F6C-1457-00000196CB59BDA6.jpg

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
I love this so much, probably my favourite car on the forum and I've not commented yet.
Everything (ph1, yellow, dash, seats, steering wheel, supercharger) none of it I'd change, it's utterly brilliant.

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]
Love this Craig! (But you already know that haha!)

Thanks Adam sunflower brother lol[/FONT]

I love this so much, probably my favourite car on the forum and I've not commented yet.
Everything (ph1, yellow, dash, seats, steering wheel, supercharger) none of it I'd change, it's utterly brilliant.

Thanks a lot mate :eek: nice to feel the love from others for what I've done.
[/FONT]

Need pics of both flowers, Greedy bass! :rasp:

Haha I'll see what I can do for you.[/FONT]

Yeah, I don't think i've seen recent photos of your other 'flower. Get some up, son. ;)

Ok dad haha.

Albi blue 197
370bhp no idea or torque :p lmao and can't wait till its back on the road Craig the peril is almost back!

182 trackday racer
Hello Craig,

Did you use standard 197 brakelines in combination with the Brembos or did you make custom lines? Not sure about the length for my own project.

Regards / M

UPDATE

Spent all day at Rs tuning yesterday, took the 197 down to get the cambelt, aux belt & water pump changed & took the 172 down for mapping.

My stomach was in bits while it was on the rollers incase anything happened, anyway Paul did his magic & it made 320 but on a safe map due to me needing a standalone ecu, Paul said I really need one so that's next on the shopping list then some more mapping to be done :-D

Drove home in the wet :( so didn't give it much but the little bit I did put my foot down Jesus Christ it's fooking fast 320bhp in a 1000kg car is fun & I'm very happy. Hopefully it will stay dry now till the end of the month when the tax runs out so I can have some fun.

Massive thanks to Paul for mapping he done, he wouldn't leave it alone till it was perfect & he was happy but like I say it needs a standalone ecu.

While I was there Speccy popped in on his day off & took me for a blast in his corsaRU lol, it's a Corsa C shell on a Subaru basically, 4wheel drive & 270bhp :approve: I was very impressed with it mental little thing.

74719B66-81A5-40B8-BE88-B145A7A2B210-732-000000FD3F932693.jpg

25F48EAF-E9F7-4777-BCCD-C472A68C7FAC-732-000000FD4639AA95.jpg

798F887C-2F01-4840-983D-305542D555C5-732-000000FD4ABACDFA.jpg

B095E19F-4321-44F1-A513-719DF38C0056-732-000000FD4FC10B9A.jpg

Last edited:

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Nice result mate 320 standalone should see you stretch that too if you wanted.

Good work hope your pleased.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
God result, apologies if its already been covered but do you have an uprated diff?

Love the sleeperish nature of speckys corsa, very cool.

God result, apologies if its already been covered but do you have an uprated diff?

Love the sleeperish nature of speckys corsa, very cool.

No diff yet mate im going to see what its like in the dry next spring & go from there.

You would never know what the corsa really is apart from the tell tail noise lol.

And a handful in the wet I bet

When i was brining it home & tested out the power it just wanted to spin up but im not one for pushing my cars in the wet so itll be fine :) its just waiting for dry weather :(

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Even standard these cars benefit from a diff on track, if you are going to use it for track with that power is say its pretty essential tbh.

I totally agree it will need a diff for the track but i very much dout ill be doing track days in it the plan is use the 197 for that, so ill just wait for the dry weather to see how it performs on the road without a diff then go from there & maybe if the i want abit more power on track ill look into getting a diff to use this instead of the 197 :)

Made a list of things i need to do that are annoying me lol mainly because ive been spoilt driving the 197 thats quiet & drives faultless, or im just getting old :(

Raise front coilovers up due to catching the arch liners & bumper.
Put the rear adjusters back in to lift the rear up.
Fit a silenced centre section to quieten it down abit (sounds brutal under load & i love it but its just abit loud now at this power at normal driving)
Fit 20mm bolt to hub spacers so i have locking bolts again to keep my 16s safe.
Front wheels need to be balanced again.
Replace drivers side driveshaft.
Fit new track rod ends.
Tracking done.

Will get that lot sorted & ill be happy.