ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Rattle Factor...

Honda ATR
Just a bit bored so thought id post a question to the late night masses. How may noises dose your cheap ass renault make.

My list...lol :)

Suspension creak
Window Squeak
Dash rattle x2
Exhaust rattle
Door card rattle

Oh and my parcel shelf has cracked and gearstick gaiter as well...lol

Mk2 Ph2 Clio II 1.6 16v
So far only a barely noticeable rattle inside the NS rear door (5 door Clio), gotta get it fixed this weekend....but the car only has 14k miles...so I guess it is ok given the horrible roads we have here...

Post mileage too!

"Navy" N17 TWO
I get the odd squeak from the front struts and my passenger CG-Lock bangs against the doorcard when there's nobody using it.

Apart from that it's sweet - just the common "Clio" noises when its cold - dashboard being the biggest culprit :dapprove:

Honda ATR
I get the odd squeak from the front struts and my passenger CG-Lock bangs against the doorcard when there's nobody using it.

Apart from that it's sweet - just the common "Clio" noises when its cold - dashboard being the biggest culprit :dapprove:

what about that sub of yours. looks like it could do some damage...lol

"Navy" N17 TWO
what about that sub of yours. looks like it could do some damage...lol

Not when it's sitting here in the house beside me lol
That pic was when it was in my dci (previous car) :)

I'd probably be quicker telling you what didn't rattle in that car :rasp:

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
interior light,
doorcard,
dash,
bonnet hinge,
exhaust used to rattle on spare wheel well, but that drove me so insane i fixed it,

does anyone else find themselves in traffic tracking down rattles and trying to get them all quiet using hands, elbows, knees to hold them all down??

look like a t**t to everyone else, but its rattle free until the traffic moves :p

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Mine only has a few.
Drivers door card buzzes at certain revs.
Something near the drivers air vent buzzes, not sure if its the vent or the trim around it.
But the worst one comes from the boot lock area. kind of clicking/clunking noise. I think its coming from inside the cylinder part but not sure. If anyone has had this or knows a fix do tell!

Oh and car is on 67k.

Clio 182 FF Cup
Passenger seat - only when empty, it appears to be the top half of the seat moving, the windscreen blower vent on the top of the dash - grabing this and moving it stops the rattle for a bit. Suspension struts when reversing with lock on. Thats about it. Its a 182 with 36k.

clio dynamique 1.2 16V
passenger seat belt socket when empty
Rattle on top left of dash near tweeter
Rattle from passenger door card
Squeeky drivers seat

And the worst one ever!! (Hopefully be sorted on Friday)

Sliiping Aux belt does my head in!!!! :rasp:

DCi
Something in the driver side front wheel squeaks
somewhere around the gaiter / gearbox cover is rattling intermittently too
and the parcel shelf sometimes wobbles because of the exhaust note

so I'm not doing too badly!

Iceberg 172
Mine's not bad for a 5 year old car on firm suspension that spends most of its life on the potholed streets of a northern city........

But there is a rattle from the dash from the underside section above the cupholder cubbyhole. A quick tap always shuts it up for a while.

Occasionally the dash cowling buzzes a bit but pushing that away from the driver solves it too :cool:

Ph1.2 / VW Polo
left front wheel something squeeks at low speed.
my driver window leaver knob has fell off,
and when my driver window is coming down when its near the bottom it just sorta clunks down suddenly ha

Ph1
Alpine Stereo surround and some very annoying rattle that i think is the exhaust. Been under the car 3 times and cant find where the heck its coming from :evil:

Trophy 265/500
Only bad one I've ever had (touch wood) was an exhaust sourced one. Was a cracked heat shield replaced under warranty. Ruby's a good wee girl.

Megane 225 F1
i looked at and test drove a 1.4 mk2 ph2 clio 2day. 38,000 very nice lookin car. wen i drove it, i looked at the gear leaver and it was wobling back n forth everytime i put my foot dwn :S asked the guy n he sed his mechanic will change the bolt on it if i stil want the car as its come loose. jus amused me at how much it moved

BG 182 FF
where do i start!!?!?!?!

clicking from the passenger footwell after i have put window up
buzzing coming from inside dashboard once i hit a certain speed
clunks when put a full lock on
drivers side window motor sound like its on its way out
boot rattles
soundslike there is stones inside a tin can when i first drive the car in the morning

the list is endless

320d
Door card, dash, random bits of trim, sometimes passanger seat.

Also if you put the passanger window down it usually shorts the door speaker out.

Mini Cooper S sport
I don't have any rattles. I think the R26 is screwed together a bit better than my 182 was though.

Mental 172 Cup
my parcel shelf knocks when u hit a bump!

other then that rattle free!

only the change in my ashtray!! :D

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Mine rattles like a mo-fo since i fitted uprated engine mounts. Gonna try a mod to sort it hopefully tomorrow.

Turbo LY R27
interior light,
doorcard,
dash,
bonnet hinge,
exhaust used to rattle on spare wheel well, but that drove me so insane i fixed it,

does anyone else find themselves in traffic tracking down rattles and trying to get them all quiet using hands, elbows, knees to hold them all down??

look like a tw*t to everyone else, but its rattle free until the traffic moves :p

:lolup: Lol yeah, in my old 182 i spent most of it driving with my knees whilst my hands did the rattle searching lol! Fun times, but not missed lol!!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Good thread lol

Aye the door guards seem to have developed a humble rattle with that in tow of the passenger side air bag cover.

I was going to open up the doors and take the sound deadning (honeycomb device) out and just leave it but i find myself humming along to the rattles lol

Cheap french shite FTW!

the pen's in my glovebox rattle. Thats all.

When i bought the car i stripped it and padded out all the usual rattly areas.

Mine's developed a highly annoying squeak from the rear suspension when I'm on even a slightly bumpy road. I'm starting to get very annoyed with it. It's due a service soon and I'm tempted to get them to put all new bushes and dampers on it and have done with it while it's in. The handling's definitely not feeling as fresh as it was when I bought it 18 months ago either.

Aside from the squeaks and creaks I also get a dashboard rattle.