ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle bodied clio 16v - Loads of pics/vid (in kent pulley failure)

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
Not had the car much over the past 7 month now! Took it off the road in October for winter, then had it remapped, and a few other bits and bobs done in Feb. Unfortunately one of the b*****d w*nk sh*t bollox KENT cam pulleys failed, causing the engine to fail (bent valves etc) so its been off the road again since then! (failure pics below)

Ben currently has the car though, so hopefully it will be back in action at the end of this month (fingers crossed ben has the time to fit it in) Im having withdrawals. Really cant wait to get it back on the road!!

Anyway, few reminder pics of the mofo, as im reminiscing hehe!!!!

0001.jpg

0006.jpg

0016.jpg

0007.jpg

front.jpg

engine.jpg

carbon.jpg

engine3.jpg

seat.jpg

(i have got 2 seats)

slammed2.jpg

couple of vids!

vs 2.ltr banana

0-100

and the kent pulley failure!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

P1020530.jpg

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/%7Ecadams/images/tbclio/kent/P1020532-r****d.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Throttle bodied clio 16v - Loads of pics/vid

very very nice car.

I have seen it at GDI the last few times I have been.

I'm not surprised your missing it after this long.

1.8 Civic EX
I saw it a couple of times up there too. I must say, it did look rather sorry for itself, tucked away in the corner....

will good onces shes up and running again..

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
yeah i cant wait!

i was dying to drive it after it was away for winter, then i had 3 drives and spent a fortune on getting it back on the road, before the pulley went! mega frustrating lol!!!

ill never ever use or recommend kent stuff again! shite!!!!

Last edited:
  20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
ed, just having top end rebuild so no running in required :)

patty, kent spin all sorts of crap about fitting probs, etc, etc, etc, even though they were in the car for 5k with no probs!

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Could do with stripping out really couldn't it?:)
In all seriousness,very nice car mate...fine example...must fly too!!!

J

jamesy

that car is absolutely awesome i still have good memories of santa pod:eek:

J

jamesy

are kent products really that bad because quite a few people that have used the cams and pulleys have told me they are??:eek:

Beetle
^theres been a lot of failures with them mate.

Car looks and sounds great, hope to see it back on the road soon:cool:

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Adam - can I be constructively critical mate... apologies but - can you try and think of some way to get air into the TB's? I really don't like the vent.. sorry mate! Perhaps if it was more like an off-centre Mini Cooper S style vent I dunno it might be better..

Sorry hope it doesn't offend.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
yeh none taken pal. :)

i dont like it either but it came like that when i bought it! the bonnet is carbon so a bit tricky to modify it now its been cut! and carbon bonnets aint cheap!

I had big plans for it when it was unleashed back on the road, but since the pulley failed including sorting the vent, but iv hardly seen the car, and iv sold most of the bits i had now :(

i was thinking something like this instead (photoshop i did last year)

cliotbmods.jpg

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
depends on BenR's schedule, but hopefully end of this month, beginning of next!

Just in time for me road tax and insurance to expire lol!!

Hopefully all goes well in the next few weeks time scale wise, as its all very tight at the moment.

But it will be back and better than ever, there are a few tweeks, adjustments and a few large changes. I think you'll be very happy even with the wait when you get it back Craig ;).

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
That'll be great then Adam. Know what you mean about inheriting bits from previous owners. :) As is life!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
yeh Ben did a top job on the engine!

considering the BE is standard, its run a 13.4@103mph on the strip!

Just a shame about the crap temporary kent pulleys giving in!

ITB'd GDI Original?
Hope everything goes well mate, car would look awesome if it turns out like the PS pic. We might get thet race this year!