ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup 0-100 video

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Finally got round to doing this, only the, ahem, pit lane was damp, so traction through to 3rd was tricky.

I reckon I hit 60 (63ish on the clock) in 7.1 on both runs, but got to 100 in 17.5 then 17.0.

Run1

Run2

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
You had the rev limiter raised on that??? How do you get to nearly 70mph in second??? My cup will be lucky to hit 60 in second gear

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
crazycup said:
You had the rev limiter raised on that??? How do you get to nearly 70mph in second??? My cup will be lucky to hit 60 in second gear

My phase 1 172 almost touches 70 in second gear but I think i remember someone stating the ph1 172 had slightly different gear ratios?

BTW what is the beeping you hear around 80-90mph on the vid?

Rob

172, Tiguan
Mark has the R-Sport fitted.

Knowing Marks car, the beeping will be the Origin speed thing.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
^ Yep - B2 overspeed warning alarms at 80mph, but always runs 2-3 seconds behind actual speed.

If it's dry tomorrow I'll have another go...with the mount a bit higher to give a full view.

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
cliobuyer said:
Yeah the mk2 has shorter gearing.

Bit of a boring vid. No boobs?

Lol Boobs would be good. They tend to help the 0-100mph time

However the beeping would be the pacemaker if boobs were involved :D