ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

172 Race Car
Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

if it's in the stock sensor position, then that's the one.
Thats what we were tyrying to determine. Pretty sure he wont have the M6 one as hes no need with the Renault ECU deleted. pretty sure ours is blue tho, not sure if same resistences

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

it'll turn up blue, trust me. I've used lots from Canems with their ECUs, and it's the same sensor as we used to use at Omex. Same Bosch resistance curve as everyone uses. common and cheaply available sensor with available data.

if it's in the stock sensor position, then that's the one.
Perfect although I don't know where the stock position is :eek: haha
When will the vid be up James? I feel like a kid 'are we there yet'.
146 mins according to slowtube! ;) Haha
Thats what we were tyrying to determine. Pretty sure he wont have the M6 one as hes no need with the Renault ECU deleted. pretty sure ours is blue tho, not sure if same resistences
Yes mate I will get the pic when I have finished watching "the" vid and will send it over :) Mine is definitely blue too!

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio

Can you do it in 3D as i have a pair of glasses now;)

Lionel Richie

Haha the list of current jobs is below:

• Re-wrap side strip - no, it has battle scars now
  • Touch up wheel - as above
  • Remount, both bumpers - zip ties ;) (i have a spare rear bumper)
  • Clean inside, outside and wheel arches - henry
  • Investigate front brake calipers - ok
  • Refurb rear calipers or replace (Still pulling to the left a bit) - put stock rear pads in
  • Play with cup distribution valve (Going to put it on an MOT brake tester and adjust the valve) - as above
  • New exhaust (BTM baby ;)) - flames! why not go for a 172 system? lighter
  • Blank rear holes in boot floor - yes
  • Air vents in rear windows - yes
  • Increase cooling capacity - yes
  • Check engine after engine temp - yes
  • Heat shield gear lever - defo yes
  • Cut front bumper and cross member for more airflow - zoltan will fix
  • Trim wheel arches at front for tyre clearence - as above
  • Add Castor - can do
  • Flare rear arches - why?
see above

146 mins, pah I'll have to watch it at work....
Sorry Andy I live in the middle of no where and its really slow lol!
Can you do it in 3D as i have a pair of glasses now;)
Ooo get you ;) To watch in 3D i'm afraid you have to turn up and watch lol!
  • Re-wrap side strip - no, it has battle scars now I'm not bothered about the other bits but the door strip is only simple ;)
  • Touch up wheel - as above Ok
  • Remount, both bumpers - zip ties ;) (i have a spare rear bumper) I'm tempted to do the bumper as it was dragging on the floor (weight reduction tho ;))
  • Clean inside, outside and wheel arches - henry George FTW
  • Investigate front brake calipers - ok Remove and fit standard, or skim discs and re balance wheels
  • Refurb rear calipers or replace (Still pulling to the left a bit) - put stock rear pads in cool
  • Play with cup distribution valve (Going to put it on an MOT brake tester and adjust the valve) - as above My mate will do it so will do anyway :rasp:
  • New exhaust (BTM baby ;)) - flames! why not go for a 172 system? lighter Could be tempted or was thinking of modding the current to just one outlet if yours will be a while seen as the right tip on the k-tec doesn't actually get any flow
  • Blank rear holes in boot floor - yes
  • Air vents in rear windows - yes
  • Increase cooling capacity - yes
  • Check engine after engine temp - yes
  • Heat shield gear lever - defo yes Was fine in the race just was getting tight on the slow down lap! Epic setup now though just need to get used to it
  • Cut front bumper and cross member for more airflow - zoltan will fix lol
  • Trim wheel arches at front for tyre clearance - as above
  • Add Castor - can do Think it will help but will make even more tyre clearance issues :(
  • Flare rear arches - why? Tyre's are catching and thats only running small spacers want to increase on the rear
see above

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86

Keep the race pianta ! whats wrong with the brakes ?

and hurry up with the video!

Haha! Well they had the wrong pads fitted but sorted that now but they were juddering before and are still juddering, they also chuck out clumps of brake dust so think something isn't right with them :(

Youtube says 2 mins and then it will be on FB will be on here with the write up whenever that may be ;)

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86

Nice one, I like it!!

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86

^ i've just come from there !

Evo 5 RS

Christ that looked like fun! Well done mate, some really impressive stuff

Great drive, I've never wanted someone to overtake a black Clio so much. I think the next upgrade will have to be sweat absorbers on the thumbs of your gloves! Good luck with the next race and keep the updates coming.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

Just watched the full video on fb, looked really impressive mate, good battle with that black/blue/orange clio. I was kind of hoping you were going to overtake him on the main straight, as the section after that you could see you were much quicker than him, quite evenly matched round the rest of the lap though, was great to watch.

Do you think the rear brakes were causing the car to drift left under braking? I could see you putting some slight corrective lock on when braking into the last chicanes

Awesome video - just sat and watched it all in the office lol

Gotta be happy with that - considering the lack of seat time you've had at Donington that was by far the drive of the day.

Which guy was it who kicked off about you hitting him? All I saw was someone running into you a couple of times lol

172 Race Car

I think the next upgrade will have to be sweat absorbers on the thumbs of your gloves! Good luck with the next race and keep the updates coming.
I think his eyes were streaming as the car was filled with exhaust fumes, he looked quite ill when he got out

Do you think the rear brakes were causing the car to drift left under braking? I could see you putting some slight corrective lock on when braking into the last chicanes
yea way too much rear brake, needs to change pads as Fred has said

Clio 172 Cup Racer

Come on James, not on FB so need footage on here please!!!!

Just watched your race video James!!! Loved it!!! :)
Haha thanks Mark :)
Christ that looked like fun! Well done mate, some really impressive stuff
Yes it was a great laugh mate :) Thanks
Great drive, I've never wanted someone to overtake a black Clio so much. I think the next upgrade will have to be sweat absorbers on the thumbs of your gloves! Good luck with the next race and keep the updates coming.
Haha I guess you mean the K-tec one? I think it's grey but didn't look too closely!

Luckily its not normally a problem but the cabin was full of carbon monoxide all race as I didn't have any exhaust tips on so by the last half my eyes were streaming away and was nearly sick a few times! Wasn't going to stop though ;)

Thanks and yes I will do :)
Just watched the full video on fb, looked really impressive mate, good battle with that black/blue/orange clio. I was kind of hoping you were going to overtake him on the main straight, as the section after that you could see you were much quicker than him, quite evenly matched round the rest of the lap though, was great to watch.

Thanks mate, I just didn't have confidence on the brakes to make it stick and then I botched the gear change a few times but all my own fault! The lap after getting past them was my quickest of the race which was 4 seconds faster a lap than when we were tussling slowing each other down lol

Yes the rear pads are pf97 and are too strong we think like Jay says. Will go and test them with standard pads at the end of this week if the engine isn't scrap :)
Awesome video - just sat and watched it all in the office lol

Gotta be happy with that - considering the lack of seat time you've had at Donington that was by far the drive of the day.

Which guy was it who kicked off about you hitting him? All I saw was someone running into you a couple of times lol
Haha thanks mate I loved every minuite and still buzzing now!

It was the chap in the dark grey clio but its all sorted and fine :)

BMW Z4

James im loving your slide after the yellow flag period :) Some very nice overtakes in there you looked like you were finally having fun eh. Well done mate very happy you have finally got a race car that works.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio 172

What a race, made the Burpspeed boys look like they were there a different day. Some awsome overtaking into some of the corners fantastic stuff looked like a real fun race. I'm assuming the chap in the grey clio is the Ktech car? As they say 'if your not rubbing your not racing'.

Clio 172 Cup Racer

Great footage James. Now understand why my Clio is the shape it is. I now have a distinct dislike of Protons! As for you, brilliant close racing. Can't wait to do it again soon.:)

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

I'll watch it when I get time later!!

But seen the last few mins with a big scream and hands over eyes!

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

He didn't quite know where he finished until I showed him (burpspeeds) pit board.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

Think i'd know where I would of been in that race - out in front away from some bumpoer car drivers.

Maybe its Tonys pit crew that got him out in front of the other cars??? :race:

Watched the vid earlier at work but didnt reply.

James that looked epic! Mentalist driving but it worked and gave you a great result!

Quick question though? Are you part Italian or something? As there was a lot of hand gestures, something i'll no doubt be doing as I cant help myself! ;)

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

Just watched the whole race and loved the bit 37 mins where the Proton take out the Ktech car. Resulting in point on his licence. (thats was bang out of order and well deserved!)

182cup & 172 racecar

Lots of overtaking vs scenic drive in the country ;)

I get it now.

Think i'd know where I would of been in that race - out in front away from some bumpoer car drivers.

Maybe its Tonys pit crew that got him out in front of the other cars??? :race:

Yeah, yeah alright, you did a good job. ;)

Just watched the whole race and loved the bit 37 mins where the Proton take out the Ktech car. Resulting in point on his licence. (thats was bang out of order and well deserved!)

Had a good chat today about driving standards etc, I've had my moan anyway.