ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clio 182 turbo

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
So another winter and some more upgrades...

This time I’m upgrading the standard chinese T25/28 hybrid turbo supplied in the ED kits.. it’s not failed and is still in great shape, no play.

I’m going for some newer tech, theres like 20years of turbo research done since the old turbo and today’s stuff. I’ve gone for a GTX2860R ball bearing turbo with a billet 11 blade compressor and reduced the A/R down from .86 to .64 to reduce lag but still retain high end power due to the better turbo design. (That’s the theory anyway)

I’ve also purchased a Mishimoto intercooler which to be honest doesn’t look big in the pics compared to the ED cooler but, ITS BIG! Obviously not big to the full sized FMIC see about but a huge improvement (again hopefully)

I managed to kill my main shaft bearings at nür and spa this year, it started sounding a bit rough after the TF sessions but had to press on as a full day at spa was the next day and it survived a full day of hard lapping at around 3min laps... and got me home

Thanks to Mark Northloop mayfield for sorting the rebuild, it had quite a few new parts my workload at the time was through the roof and with audits I sent it to him as I trust his workmanship 100% and he got me better prices than I can get from my own stores!!

The engine isn’t far off going back in, fabricating a new under turbo brace currently and then turbo time again!
1b8eaf212e44e1ae4f1a739c8f5e98b8.jpg
779c4404faedcfd0893bb27b5821b2d5.jpg
16c090f464cf90e5498ad90775e9553c.jpg
6060b7b93efc4f090476be410cbb2236.jpg
f75b25860cb65a983df7b1f93f78350a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
b38c06cb8aeb6b5494c828731d23480a.jpg

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
Oh yes, like the new turbo a lot, will be really good to see the results, especially as it’s a GTX. @Martin. ’s build has a GT2560R and the difference between the ED turbo and that is huge. Massive spool improvements and a much bigger area under the graph. Yours is perfectly set up for the 2860 although going to be close to the bulkhead!

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Oh yes, like the new turbo a lot, will be really good to see the results, especially as it’s a GTX. @Martin. ’s build has a GT2560R and the difference between the ED turbo and that is huge. Massive spool improvements and a much bigger area under the graph. Yours is perfectly set up for the 2860 although going to be close to the bulkhead!
Yes I’m a little worried about this! The compressor housing is slightly larger, not massively but I may need to address it when I test fit! I nearly went for a 2560 myself but wanted to try some newer aerodynamics!

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Looks awesome dude. Nice work. Are you aiming for the same power just more usable power under the line on the graph?
Cheers mate,

Mainly more of a spread, but it will do more.. it’s just the fueling that will hold it back.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
a38655e54ea9c54fa046121da716557c.jpg
f09e53ee2a13567bfc5a97feafa79c65.jpg
473ed36eb7d93aaf2eabe756dc718c43.jpg
f9c12df11e42e15afb5f1a5c9cc3acbc.jpg
cf68845a59a21ade402e66a802ce94cb.jpg

Coming together now, cooler sitting nicely, few pipes coming to get it all nice. Should start it up this week and check base actuator boost levels before running it into my boost solenoid.. actually hoping it won’t be safe on the AFR when in full boost. I’d like another dyno tweak and see what this turbo can do.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
Good to see it fits. Bet that was a relief.

Lots of preventative measures to stop the turbo coming loose and the downpipe cracking. Like the idea of a flexi there. Not much left to do now :)

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Good to see it fits. Bet that was a relief.

Lots of preventative measures to stop the turbo coming loose and the downpipe cracking. Like the idea of a flexi there. Not much left to do now :)
Yeah, to be honest I don’t know why I didn’t put a flexible joint in to start with, may have been worried about chopping the downpipe, it was made by the guys that make the PMS system!

All I have left at the end of today is some of the worlds most expensive gear oil coming tomorrow, some vac/boost hose to my boost solenoid and a reducer pipe to the intercooler... should have it spooling up tomorrow