ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cub's Flamer - Supercharged, Cage etc

Wow, this is turning out to be a serious complete Clio package. Love it.

Can't wait to see how things progress over the next week. Bet you can't wait!!

Very interested to see how you get on with the Brembos under OZ F1s too. x

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
This is coming along nicely! Hope to see it at some point next year :)

Clio 172 Flamer
Ooo, exciting!

Hope your insurance company is cool with an intercooler? ;P
In all seriousness, drop me a pm when you need any changes and I will whack them on your policy for you bud and let you know.
Good luck :)

Dan

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
This car has taken a wonderful turn :smile:

Cheers bud. I nearly killed it earlier :(

Went down to get it. Took it on a road test to data log it. Ran great, then it ran a bit Rich and cut out luckily near to Dans on the way back.

Wheeled it back in. Did a few checks and discovered it didn't have a Megane keywayed pulley on it like I thought it had and had pushed the timing out 😧

Totally my fault, Dan had asked repeatedly if it had the pulley and I thought it did.

Corrected the timing, and fired it. Luckily it was absolutely fine. Could have smashed itself to a pulp, so someone is smiling at me today!

Getting the pulley and throwing a new belt on, so mapping on Monday won't happen. Aim for late next week hopefully.

Cheers bud. I nearly killed it earlier 😧

Went down to get it. Took it on a road test to data log it. Ran great, then it ran a bit Rich and cut out luckily near to Dans on the way back.

Wheeled it back in. Did a few checks and discovered it didn't have a Megane keywayed pulley on it like I thought it had and had pushed the timing out 😧

Totally my fault, Dan had asked repeatedly if it had the pulley and I thought it did.

Corrected the timing, and fired it. Luckily it was absolutely fine. Could have smashed itself to a pulp, so someone is smiling at me today!

Getting the pulley and throwing a new belt on, so mapping on Monday won't happen. Aim for late next week hopefully.

Tbh mate it had the Megane crank bolt, so it's an easy mistake to make for someone who's not in the know :)

Still, got away with it so it's all good ;)

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
So, update time :smile:

I've just got back from @Dan@SJM's. In the flamer. What can I say, it is quick. Very quick. It pulls and pulls and pulls. Despite not being mapped, it is running well with the datalogger showing the AFRs as being fine to run it back and upto RS Tuning on the 13th for final mapping. I can't wait to get it on track, but on road, i'm very happy with it so far :smile:

Sounds epic, loads of 'theatre' to go with the pace. It feels like a much larger engine has been dropped in it, with a lovely smooth power delivery and great throttle response. I'm impressed.

Huge thanks to Dan, he has done a great job and in my opinion it is a really tidy install. Top man!

It had the following fitted / done at Dans;

- Rotrex Supercharger kit with associated boost pipes and hoses (Ignore the blue ones, they are being swapped for black on the intercooler and white one on the TB).
- Gen90 ECU
- Magnecor Leads
- Mocal Oil Cooler
- Mocal Catch Tank
- ARP Rod Bolts fitted
- Dry side Driveshaft
- Cambelt kit
- Megane Keywayed Pulley and crank bolt#
- New sump gasket
- Aux kit
- New Alternator
- Oil change and Oil filter

Enough of my waffle, photos;
photo1_zps4e6970aa.jpg

photo2_zps557d8cdc.jpg

photo5_zps1ccf4513.jpg

photo3_zps85913e1a.jpg

photo4_zpsf2dada31.jpg

photo6_zpsda93badc.jpg

photo7_zps577cb62e.jpg

photo9_zpsc8e98470.jpg

photo8_zpsef5608f7.jpg

photo10_zpse8f38280.jpg

photo18_zps3385e94a.jpg

photo17_zps7c871ed5.jpg

photo16_zps0f94fc86.jpg

photo20_zpsa456061b.jpg

photo19_zps764fa36d.jpg

photo12_zpsa46e5cd4.jpg

photo13_zpsad06b8fc.jpg

photo11_zpsf943eb00.jpg

photo14_zps557ed7ec.jpg

photo15_zps900fcce8.jpg

Up next, get it mapped at Paul's. I'll post the graph up here. I'll be happy with anything north of 230 bhp and 200 lb ft. Then sort the Brembo's and fit the roll centre adjustment kit along with some aerocatches.

Inferno 225 cup
Fantastic, bet it's brilliant to drive :)

Works looks proper tidy, Dans done a great job, definitely have Dan to carry the work out on my next Clio ;)