ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodbye Cup - Hello CTR!

Tappd'd RS

Traded in the Cup today for an 04 Civic Type R in Cosmic Grey.

Pick it up some time in mid-march

For anyone thats interested (ebee?), the Cup will be going to Parks in Hamilton. Its going with the plate "S7 CUP", it is an April 2003 car with about 11.5-12k by Mid March - Mint Condition, the Honda salesman paid me a few compliments about the condition of the car :)

Tappd'd RS

yeh - funny enough, I got my membership renewal letter in this morning before I went to the Honda dealer!

Jas was trying to tell you something lol!

Enjoy the CTR mate, my opinion of them keeps growing, really quite like them now......

Tappd'd RS

Thanx Tom - maybe he was!

The deal on the CTR was too good to refuse and I really needed a slightly bigger car!

I like the outside of them but i just cant stand the dash, the centre console, im sorry, looks like a kid has been given the buttons and been told to stick them where it wants. I like my cars to be all symetrical (bit sad like that :oops:)

The main thing I dont like about the CTR is the way the driver seat dont slide forward and the passenger one when slid forwards then looses its settings meaning you have to adjust it to get comfy again (very cheap)

hondas are crap..ha ha...thats the car i would get mate..did you feel any difference when you did a test drive between the two cars!!!

Tappd'd RS

I test drove the pre-facelift model as the new ones are so scarse.

It had about 3.5k on the clock, but it didnt feel any slower or much faster than the cup below 4k, over 4 it started to pull, but I didnt really get into the 6k VTEC zone!

The car is pretty smooth on the road for a hot hatch and the gearchange is absolutely amazing, the stick is in the ideal place.

The howl from the exhaust is pretty nice too, and it aint too noisy at 80 on the motorway.

Quote: Originally posted by B@llsie on 24 January 2004

It had about 3.5k on the clock, but it didnt feel any slower or much faster than the cup below 4k, over 4 it started to pull, but I didnt really get into the 6k VTEC zone!
Our dealer gave us an hour by ourselves with a CTR, so we didnt really go below the vtec zone! It really is a wicked car. Youll love it.

Tappd'd RS

I had a salesman who looked like hed sh*t himself, so I resisted the temptation and decided to behave!

H22A7 Accord Type R

my mate just got his today! traded in his BMW mini cooper for it (he had it about 8 months lol). Same colour too!! will be seeing it when i go up North next month :)

Ph1

Personally I think the Civic Type Rs are a bit common now bit like Scoobys...... good build quality though yaaaawwwwnnn

H22A7 Accord Type R

he couldnt fault the mini for its handling or brakes, but it was toooo slow in standard cooper form. Slower than his VTR it replaced. Cant wait to see his civic, i hear this colour looks mint in the flesh :)

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by B@llsie on 24 January 2004

Traded in the Cup today for an 04 Civic Type R in Cosmic Grey.

Pick it up some time in mid-march

For anyone thats interested (ebee?), the Cup will be going to Parks in Hamilton. Its going with the plate "S7 CUP", it is an April 2003 car with about 11.5-12k by Mid March - Mint Condition, the Honda salesman paid me a few compliments about the condition of the car :)

Is the new car for the new delivery job?

http://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/liverpoollife/memories/graphics/large/scotts.jpg

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by Milno on 24 January 2004

I like the outside of them but i just cant stand the dash, the centre console, im sorry, looks like a kid has been given the buttons and been told to stick them where it wants. I like my cars to be all symetrical (bit sad like that :oops:)
And as for that cripple gear stick! Yuk!! .....................

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)

The gear stick is in the perfect position for fast changes, makes it feel like a touring car. As for the change itself, I dont think it can be beaten!

I have had a few shandies so my spelling may be a bit off, the CTR is the only car I would buy again. Regret selling mine. Thinking about the 04 model myself, fooooking smile factor at 6k is great.

Second Paul_CTR I have never driven a car with a beter gear change. In my opionion (oionion) everyone should have one at least once. Made me appreciate Japanese craftmenship, then I bough a foooooking peugeot.

Jeith

golf

Ill agree with the gear change. Best gear change in a car ive owned but not the best! S2000 gear change is the by far the best ive yet to drive. Civic Type R is a great car but handeling is not as reactive or playable as the cup. Good choice though mate!

Cheers

Cup 172

Nice car. Test drove one before buying the CUP. Wasnt as fast as Id hoped, and the VTEC system did not seem as mental as other VTECs Ive driven (Civic VTi, Prelude 2.2 VTEC). This is probably because its now i-VTEC which is designed to give a broader torque spread or something!? Also the dealer was a joke when it came to the value of the car I was looking at.

Must agree with above comments regarding the gearbox. It is the best manual box I have ever used in any car. Short throw, superb mechanical action and placed exactly where you want it like a touring car. With regards to the looks, I think I prefered the old model. Would look nice in that grey I think! Hope you enjoy it.

honda accord 2.4 type s

I had a type R as a courtesy car when the HR-V was in getting some work done (im friendly with the staff there!!) I thought the gear change would be weird, but it surprised me how easy to use it was
Now i now why they let me have the car, as since it went back to them, ive seriously thought about going back to Honda and putting more of my hard earned money into their pockets :)

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Join the club!

Vtec rules! Though you can see the fuel gauge move when your vtecing it!

The 04 model IMO is consideralby quicker than the outgoing model! I have been up to silly speeds before looking at the speedo and realising what I was doing!!

Can i ask a sensible question to those that have tested the CTR. I like the car but i had a concern that the gear stick looks quite far forward. Im a tall guy and i was just wondering if it means you have to lean forward to change? I had a similar thing on the Nissan Silvia i owned (Jap men being short and all that), and it kind of ruined the driving experience for me. Even on the Willy it is a bit far foward. If i put the seat where i want it for my long legs (ie as far back as possible) i can never reach the gear stick without pulling myself out of my seat.

It sounds wierd but the best car i have driven from a driving position point of view is the Daewoo Matiz. Pedals and gear stick just where i wanted them.