ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

incy-spiders Clio 182 turbo

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Setup the Bilsteins tonight, camber, toe and corner weight. Feels good to drive now, used string to set up the tracking, first time I have seen it but it's awesome and doesn't bullshit!!

a5a4ubej.jpg
e5yhejyv.jpg
qezu4aje.jpg
ypazujed.jpg
e9u5u8u3.jpg

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
3 weeks until Nürburgring, only pads to slap in and it's good to go and get fraped hard!! Only a porsche cayman S a Megane R26 and an EK9 turbo to get ready in the meantime!

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
zypyqepe.jpg
gumyrege.jpg
tugubuha.jpg
vyzuhu7y.jpg
ma8aruju.jpg
a2ugazav.jpg
eze2equn.jpg
a8avyge6.jpg

Just a few from this Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday @ Nürburgring. Car performed like a dream, engine very strong, bilsteins are amazing for that track, AD08R tyres are incredible. Broke the 9min lap barrier this year, 8:45 or quicker with my mate in the passenger seat telling me not to lift!!! have a vid from my mates porsche chasing me right up my ass making me panic and making a lot of stupid lines into bends and mistakes I did 8:55 so pretty chuffed there is some footage. After 3 years I am starting to remember at least 70% of the track! Haha

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Only thing I can say is I had some banging in the carousel but think it was the bump stops, will probably raise mine up 10 - 15mm for next time, not quite the same going on the outside!

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Yep checked my suspension today, the front drivers spring were fully compressing in the carousel which was the banging sound defo need to raise the front a tad, it's not mega low though!

Lionel Richie
Yep checked my suspension today, the front drivers spring were fully compressing in the carousel which was the banging sound  defo need to raise the front a tad, it's not mega low though!

Why bother for just one corner? most cars bottom out round that corner!

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Yep checked my suspension today, the front drivers spring were fully compressing in the carousel which was the banging sound  defo need to raise the front a tad, it's not mega low though!

Does your suspension set up not have bump stops / spring aids / secondary dampers ( whatever people want to call them)?

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Hey guys here is a very tatty lap in my 182 being followed by my mates Porsche, funny lines, didn't know if he wanted to pass etc but never the less still #under9 ☺️

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Sadly not, I don't have a go pro. If there was a camera in my car and one in the Porsche it would be funny to switch between that lap and see how much difference there is between the input involved on steering etc, so much more fun in a hatch!!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Sadly not, I don't have a go pro. If there was a camera in my car and one in the Porsche it would be funny to switch between that lap and see how much difference there is between the input involved on steering etc, so much more fun in a hatch!!
Shame that. Always interested to see how much effort other drivers put in around the ring. Need to get back there myself and get the 8:15 in the bag. It'll happen. I guarantee it. :)

Reactions: Chi

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
A lap with the guy in the Porsche sorta co-driving was 8:45, knocking more off each year I go, so much more to give, commitment is getting better with each lap, just the year gap between visits gets me, 'is this the..... Oh s**t, no it's the other bit' feeling takes a while to go!! 8:15 would be a great feeling though..... DO IT!!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
A lap with the guy in the Porsche sorta co-driving was 8:45, knocking more off each year I go, so much more to give, commitment is getting better with each lap, just the year gap between visits gets me, 'is this the..... Oh s**t, no it's the other bit' feeling takes a while to go!! 8:15 would be a great feeling though..... DO IT!!
I've been going for the past 10+ years now mate so the only things I have to get used to is when they've resurfaced some of the track. Everything else remains the same. 8:15 on a TF day will be an interesting proposition as well. That's when luck really does need to be on your side, but that's what makes it the challenge to me.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Ha, yeah! We had a few showers there this year, couldn't believe how much like ice that track becomes when damp and how quick it dries off again, it rained 15mins before that vid! It's my 3rd year now so still very much learning it! Do you have an LSD in yours?

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Pulling wide out of some twisty sections making a lot of tyre noise and wastegate chatter is hilarious!! So much fun, a diff would be very useful but I quite like the rawness of it all!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Just cost or do you have some reason for that?

I would have thought there are quite a few sections one would grab you precious tenths here and there, adenau forst etc.
2 reasons really mate. 1) cost! So f**king expensive to buy new and rare to see them come up secondhand. 2) not enough ponys to pull the skin off a rice pudding! Lol!
This is all set to change though. ;)

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Few bits on there way. Boost/vag plx module to daisy chain onto my AFR module. Can switch between on the one gauge I have and my snappy wheel is being done, ready for stitching and thumb grips at the mo! :) also thinking of getting a silenced decat to replace the one I have to keep the burble down!
a2apegup.jpg
puvude7y.jpg

Other than that no more news, car has been faultless.