ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

incy-spiders Clio 182 turbo

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
dc232cd664d374521b3970da7cfc4cac.jpg

New oil today as a 53k treat :) pretty much gets new oil every other couple of months anyway haha!!

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Just worn in!! No mate they took a year to come loose last time with only locknuts so now they have been done up murder tight with Heico washers, new nuts and studs it should stay tight.... You having issues?

RB Clio 182
Just worn in!! No mate they took a year to come loose last time with only locknuts so now they have been done up murder tight with Heico washers, new nuts and studs it should stay tight.... You having issues?

Not really mate, my turbo to manifold bolts have stayed tight this time with the nordlocks, im using no gasket either which seems to have helped, but one of my downpipe bolts have come out even with the nordlocks, im just hoping no more come out, i have put another bolt in so i shall see how it goes.

Theres no blowing or anything so thats a good sign, im just hoping the one bolt that came loose was unlucky as all the others seem still seem tight.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
That's annoying, do you have any kind of brace on your down pipe? I fabricated one on mine when I first built it all up, really helps and nice knowing the whole exhaust system isn't hanging off the side of the poor turbo!!

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Defo worth doing mate, pretty easy too.... I mounted mine to the top bolt of the drive shaft bearing casing, don't worry it doesn't heat anything up! Every OEM turbo charged vehicle has some sort of brace and there is a good reason for it [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
a1fae18c99c368e7bafdc076c4573f02.jpg

Opinions needed,

1: Dump all badges and just have this where the clio badge is.

2: Dump just the Renaultsport bit and replace with this, keeping the Clio badge.

3. Leave as it is and use the new RS badge as a cool wheel weight! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Reactions: DV8

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Saw Chris@efi today to check over my map and iron out a few blips on the general drivability in the map.... He did a great job feels a lot more OEM to potter about in. Also tweaked the boost control a bit as it was never setup on the Dyno only on the road, was pretty spot on anyway but smoothed it out a bit with timing tweaks and fuelling where needed, got a tad more safe BHP out of it, now has 243bhp and 225ftlbs of torque as an added bonus :)

Great drive home playing with an audi for 60miles, we parted ways at my junction with a flash of the lights and a wave!!

28ea3353e77ed42a6879fc8c515da038.jpg
2bd82f173bd8ee9119ea2259b6eb925a.jpg

Great success!

I've always wanted another ITB'd Clio again since I had one a few years back but for the price and results I don't think a low pressure turbo conversion can be beaten

Monaco blue 172
Just had a read of the whole thread, mega work mate i love it! Collecting bits over the next few months to do a very similar build. Standard of work is immense good on you bud!

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Just had a read of the whole thread, mega work mate i love it! Collecting bits over the next few months to do a very similar build. Standard of work is immense good on you bud!

Cheers mate, I'm a bit obsessive about it all tbh... It goes up on the ramp a couple times a month for me to spray all the shiney bits in WD40 [emoji15] my work mates in the workshop cuss me when they actually need some to free off some rusty nuts!!

Also cost the parts dept a fair bit of money for changing oil like its on tap (it actually is on tap) the finest elf 5/40... Perks of working at a Renault garage [emoji2]

Monaco blue 172
haha you've done a mega job mate expect a PM or 2 if you dont mind picking your brains! Been wanting to do one for ages and finally found a spanking mint 182 to use as a base