ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Latest Aquisition ITBD Trophy!

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Found this for sale and it was seemed the perfect way to scratch a few itches at once. Needs some work doing starting with dephaser pulley, let this be a lesson as belts were done only a year ago. £150 has turned into over £400 but worth it for piece of mind.
As most of you know I'm pretty clueless so if anyone can offer any tips or advice it will be very welcome. .
Few pics before the works commence.
photo4-3_zps85d22f54.jpg

photo3-3_zpsa3e4dc77.jpg

photo2-2_zps612e1a11.jpg

photo4-5_zps664120ac.jpg

photo1-7_zpsa14661c8.jpg

photo5-2_zps33e678b6.jpg

Few pics from the seller. . It's now sitting on black turinis. .

Last edited:

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Lovely jubly. Looks like a bean in the bottom pic!

Any idea on power figures? Internally standard?

Suspension?

One day @Kelv :p

I thought it looked orange tbh but can confirm it's a nice bright red.
Power is around 206 I believe but I need to dig through the paperwork.
Sachs suspension with spax springs!! Not for long.

do you ever stop buying cars? do you every drive any of them? ;)
Not as much as I'd like :(

There's no stopping you Chi! Love it

Cheers guys should help me get over losing the turbo :))

330i. E30 Touring.
Not a fan of the plate font or the stupid red stuff in the engine bay, but other than that, looks lovely!

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Not a fan of the plate font or the stupid red stuff in the engine bay, but other than that, looks lovely!
Not a fan of the red stuff either. . Looks like plates might be going to judging by the feedback..

I was tempted by this. Nice bar the plates, ITB'd bullets TBH.
I really like the bullets, they are staying.. Could lose the plates though.

Like everything apart from the colouring in the photos, and the terrible plates. :rasp:

Why on earth do you go through so many motors though Chi? Is Sir_Dave your idol or something?
I have no explanation, my trade policy makes it easy to chop and change so if I fancy something it's too easy..

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Other than the red cable tidy stuff in the bay and the plates it's looking good. Did you say you got rid of the turbo :(

What suspension are you going for and what itbs are used on the car mate.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
What did it cost if you don't mind me asking? I hate to think whats been spent on it..

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Other than the red cable tidy stuff in the bay and the plates it's looking good. Did you say you got rid of the turbo :(

What suspension are you going for and what itbs are used on the car mate.

Turbo is still here.. Just got a couple of people interested but no money has changed hands..
Its got Sachs mate im happy with that but will prob change the spax springs.. Ill have to read paperwork to find out about ITBs.. Call round and check it out, bring your tools ;)

I bought a chamois leather the other day.

You sound like a pro ;)

What did it cost if you don't mind me asking? I hate to think whats been spent on it..

It was up for £5k but I managed to get it down a bit ;)

Audi A5
Ade182 or something like that was his user name iirc.

Looking good Chi, I'd get that strut brace on eBay as it's not doing anything attached to your turrets ;)

will you be using this one for Bedford?