ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Latest Aquisition ITBD Trophy!

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Ade182 or something like that was his user name iirc.

Looking good Chi, I'd get that strut brace on eBay as it's not doing anything attached to your turrets ;)

will you be using this one for Bedford?

Cheers Bobby, doubt it will be ready.. Probably the R26 or the Turbo if it isnt sold.. Don't think its Ade182 he's in Blackpool.. Car came from Carlisle. Anyway he is a nice guy I can't comment on anything else..

Audi A5
Na that's fair enough, we don't want to clog up your thread with that.

Probably best not to take this as itb'd clio sometimes struggle at Bedford with drive by noise limits, best to just take the turbo clio.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Na that's fair enough, we don't want to clog up your thread with that.

Probably best not to take this as itb'd clio sometimes struggle at Bedford with drive by noise limits, best to just take the turbo clio.

You haven't heard the Turbo lol, can't help but love the R26 for track though... Always my goto car..

Meh... it's alright I suppose... :p

Nice buy, Chi. I hope you find some time to enjoy it. :D

Me too, got to fix the niggles first, tickover 1600rpm???

I like your style Chi, enjoy it pal!

Cheers George, I can sense more money coming your way ;) need my own group buy lol

Not a scammer as such.. Just lazy.. Haha

He is a good lad.. Honest :rasp:

Got yourself a bargin Chi!

Ill let you know when I sort the issues out mate..

Ash needs to arrange a Chester meet soon so I can actually meet you and see all these cars.

PM me mate you welcome to come round for a brew and a few test drives ;)

What's happening?

First week in feb looks good

Brilliant, what do you know about ITB's ;)

Nice buy mate! I saw this on Piston Heads and thought it was a pretty tidy car!

Looks better than it is up close tbh, I'm hoping to rectify everything which won't be easy with my spanner skills but should be interesting..

Let me know when your selling btw ;)

Selling what? This, Ive already been offered an R26 but got one of them lol.. Make me an offer and you can take over this thread lol

Looks nice bud,

Whens your next trackday??

Cheers mate, yeah its pretty good, just the idle that needs sorting, tempted to take the engine out and get it reconned with 421 cams, then get it remapped..

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
How about another R26? Haha. No one seems to be buying them at the moment but theres plenty clios on the go :(

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
So Chris marinemackay2003 came round so we could try and sort out a misfire under 2000rpm and it was also ticking over at 1600rpm.
The misfire turned out to be a coilpack so we sorted that but didn't get the the bottom of the high tickover.. Any ideas?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
So Chris @marinemackay2003 came round so we could try and sort out a misfire under 2000rpm and it was also ticking over at 1600rpm.
The misfire turned out to be a coilpack so we sorted that but didn't get the the bottom of the high tickover.. Any ideas?

That high Tick over was present when I swapped my wheels with the previous owner a few months ago.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Chi, if you weren't such a lovely bloke, your car collection would make me hate you.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
JDM Dyno.. Get it to RST and get it mapped properly
@Chip-mk1 knows of JDM iirc..

I know of a few people who have been to JDM for mapping, one of them absolutely swears by them, but the others have had problems, one of them in particular who sent me the map and it was properly shocking, there is a thread on passionford about it in fact:
http://passionford.com/forum/genera...185-bodged-up-mapping-job-maps-now-added.html

But, that was half a decade ago and it might not in anyway hint at more recent standards there.

I would say that regardless of who originally mapped it though, if you are having problems with it then its worth taking it to someone (like Paul who has already been mentioned) who knows what they are doing with these cars to diagnose why it has a problem now, it might be a mapping issue bit it equally just just be an air leak or a sensor fault etc.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
What is your R26 running now then? The Trophy should be a similar pace with 206bhp.

262 I think, its a lot quicker than the Trophy thats for sure ;)

Nice buy :) I wanted this!

Give me a shout when you get bored of it @Chi

Enjoy!

Ive had a few people interested and tempted by a swap offer Ive had..
Maybe take it to rs tuning and let them have a look at it.
Might be a plan

JDM Dyno.. Get it to RST and get it mapped properly
@Chip-mk1 knows of JDM iirc..
Cheers

This Chi Paul done mine he knows what he's doing
Another RS recommendation, can't understand why previous owner went anywhere else tbh

Did mine and it drives like a standard car - on gen90 but I'm sure he'd be able to sort the issues out on yours.
As above cheers mate

@Chi, if you weren't such a lovely bloke, your car collection would make me hate you.
Lol thanks Dan ;)

I know of a few people who have been to JDM for mapping, one of them absolutely swears by them, but the others have had problems, one of them in particular who sent me the map and it was properly shocking, there is a thread on passionford about it in fact:
http://passionford.com/forum/genera...185-bodged-up-mapping-job-maps-now-added.html

But, that was half a decade ago and it might not in anyway hint at more recent standards there.

I would say that regardless of who originally mapped it though, if you are having problems with it then its worth taking it to someone (like Paul who has already been mentioned) who knows what they are doing with these cars to diagnose why it has a problem now, it might be a mapping issue bit it equally just just be an air leak or a sensor fault etc.

It needs the dephaser doing also so Im tempted to recon the engine and throw some cams in, in for a penny lol

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
"Cheers George, I can sense more money coming your way need my own group buy lol"

Chi

Ha you know where i am if you ever need anything ;)