ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing Blue Racer – Project Thread!

fitted some cobra imola's on xlow subframes, bolted straight to the subframe.

The front section of the roll cage was welded in by Mark Fish.

New just matz waiting to be stuck down somehow.

Basically its THE END and the car was spanner checked and i went to silverstone GP and had a great time. Just need to get out on track some more this month, want to do cadwell RS day but rain is forcast, so might make Angelsee and the Evo Triangle at the end of the months and the 'ring in sept.

Anyway here it is -

DSC_0004.gif

DSC_0008.gif

DSC_0001.gif

DSC_0003.gif

DSC_0009.gif

DSC_0011.gif

DSC_0012.gif

DSC_0013.gif

DSC_0014.gif

DSC_0015.gif

Silverstone GP circuit evening trackday with circuitdays,

DSC_0028.gif

theres not going to be much more from me on cliosport, after iv cleared out all my left over parts etc so thank you all for your comments

If anyone wants advice or parts that I have used on my 182 drop me a PM or email d4ve@ntlworld.com and ill be happy to help and supply parts or help you fit bits

Ill stick a few pics up every now and then when im on track but not sure how much longer ill keep it for.....

cheers all,

Dave

Mondeo TDCI 130
Looking good dude!!!! I will keep your email addy handy, you seem to be able to get anything!! Good luck with it, thanks for the help with stuff!!

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
I know its function over looks but it really needs a splitter!

f*nny-tastic otherwise! :D

cheers guys, i know it needs a splitter, but a cup one will only get ripped off or cracked goin on and off my drive, might have something different on there soon

Suzuki Ignis Sport
cheers guys, i know it needs a splitter, but a cup one will only get ripped off or cracked goin on and off my drive, might have something different on there soon

Meggy splitters are very durable imo.

the cage is from mark fish motorsport, he has them in stock, im not sure on price as i got mine second hand from FMP.

yeah used it today to go pick up a few things, got access to 2 other cars so its alright but its fine to use on the road

Got some new AST rear coilover units today and im really impressed with them so far, will update after 1000+ miles to the 'ring this weekend

ASTRearCoilovers1Large.gif

ASTRearCoilovers2Large.gif

Some shots with the old dampers and LEDA set up -
ASTRearCoilovers3Large.gif

ASTRearCoilovers4Large.gif

Fitted -

ASTRearCoilovers5Large.gif

ASTRearCoilovers6Large.gif

Track 172 & Golf R32
top thread... id love to do this sort of project myself one day.. hopefully i see it in the flesh soon as im not far from you ;)

M

mini-valver

Awesome. Really tempted by the AST's. Save much weight with them?

little update just for schweppy -

Friday8Large.gif

V6 spoiler, full detail, tow eyes removed, going to pick up the bumper insert from renault today,

anthracite wheels are coming off, white ones with road legal slicks going on, only having one set of wheels.

Seats are going, standard going back in for the time being, unless someone buys them. will decide on seats next year before any trackdays/ring trip

will need a 36k service soon, cam and aux belts changed etc

really temped by the new supercharger conversion from Ben

rear LEDA units are being serviced so will be better than brand new and should be back next week.

considering relocating the battery to change the air box set up but not worth it if i supercharge

thats about all, its goin in my garage next week and im using our 1.4 because my sister is off to uni

its hard to tell because i think my rear LEDA units were ruined a long time ago, i loved the AST's from the moment i put them on, were so much more comfortable,
but now im running the springs from the LEDA kit and the standard 182 rear dampers and its just as comfortable. so god knows what was wrong with the rear dampers.

Hopefully ill get the dampers back next week and can see how well they compare

The LEDA's also look at lot stronger than any sets iv seen. However, If the AST's allowed for more camber up front, there curretnly limited to a max -ve 2 according to Curtis and then that depends on what wheels/tyres ur running, I would probably put the LEDA's up for sale and get AST's. AST's are very stiff with the hard spring choice, still perfectly usable on the road but id consider putting softer springs in, iv got other reasons about grip in wet and dry conditions etc etc but its not worth going into now

just decided when i take the seats out for saunday ill take the cage out aswell... might aswell paint the interior to make it look a bit better!