ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SM inlet (RS2 style) for 182

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
Dan whats you input in this do you think its that bad or still worth fitting?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
he should be refunding some money due to the s**t quality and problems dan has just found.

Appalling picture, but you can see the light trails and just a small smoke trail to the right.
0C7BDE53-9B88-41F9-9EED-712A37950AE6_zpsdfgjugor.jpg

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
Can you confirm that the brake booster fitting is the one dan has his thumb on in the pic and the other one is the canister connection. Thanks

306 gti6, Clio 182
Also just want to ask if the rs2 inlet was fitted and not mapped can't see it making power! Any one have any figures ?
My car made pretty good power before I fitted the manifold so Really I shouldn't have expected much more
But I will say It again it's NOT MAPPED to suit
I'm only basically 1 hp off 190hp, so if mapped and I got 195 ish I bet everyone would think it's mint lol

If somebody wants to pay for the car to be mapped it's fine with me lol

For me it would be silly as it will be mapped with the 438 cams in November, I'm sure it will make good power then!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Needs to be mapped. How anyone can say it's crap power wise as a bolt on? But all things being equal the product isn't great, sadly

306 gti6, Clio 182
Needs to be mapped. How anyone can say it's crap power wise as a bolt on? But all things being equal the product isn't great, sadly
True for the money it isn't great quality as there are things that need to be sorted out, but if your a hands on person it really isn't hard!

I'll explain simply why, just for those who haven't a clue why I'm saying what I am.

Say the engines got just the usual induction kit, matched inlets and exhaust. You map it for around 12.7:1 AFR. (12.7 parts air to 1 fuel) you've now added this inlet. Let's say for arguments sake, it's now 12.1:1. This means you've lost 5% of your air flow at the given load site. This now means you've lost power, you may well gain a bit back by leaning it out but it won't be producing more. Simple really, you need more fuel to produce a bigger bang. If you can't get the air in, you can't produce the power.

306 gti6, Clio 182
I'll explain simply why, just for those who haven't a clue why I'm saying what I am.

Say the engines got just the usual induction kit, matched inlets and exhaust. You map it for around 12.7:1 AFR. (12.7 parts air to 1 fuel) you've now added this inlet. Let's say for arguments sake, it's now 12.1:1. This means you've lost 5% of your air flow at the given load site. This now means you've lost power, you may well gain a bit back by leaning it out but it won't be producing more. Simple really, you need more fuel to produce
a bigger bang. If you can't get the air in, you can't produce the power.
If the car was slightly rich before and still slightly rich after fitting the manifold so it's making no difference at all?
But when mapping the timing would come in to play too
Mike at Mikeanics said if he had the software and was able to map it, he's sure it would making a little bit more power

There's only so much you can do with timing safely. Timing itself doesn't really get affected that much with inlet mods.

Yes exactly that, it's running rich, before and after so it's made no difference atall.

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
Doesnt it depend how rich it was and is running. Changing the inlet wont do anything but increase the airflow so there still could be a chance it needs leaning out so as to get a better mixture?

2020 Merc E450 Coupe
It hasn't increased the air flow though. Otherwise it would be running lean.
Why couldn't it of been running at say 12.0:1 AFR, and now runs 12.5:1 AFR? It's been leaned out but would still run rich...

Edit: got my head around it now. If there was power to be sapped, it would have to be running lean to then be possible to increase fuel to get it richer (and closer to 12.7:1 AFR), therefore give it more power? So just being 'less rich' should of given it more power as you come closer to 12.7:1 AFR, but as this didn't happen on the dyno, the intake makes no difference?

Last edited:
  306 gti6, Clio 182
Doesnt it depend how rich it was and is running. Changing the inlet wont do anything but increase the airflow so there still could be a chance it needs leaning out so as to get a better mixture?
That's exactly what mike said to me, I just can't see this inlet flowing less than the OEM setup
Trust me mate when you do fit it, it will feel loads quicker the response is instant, you can be in 3rd gear at 20mph put your foot down and it feels like your in 2nd gear!
Honestly if I'd have not takin it on the dyno I would not be disappointed at all! it feels great to drive

306 gti6, Clio 182
Are you taking it to be mapped somewhere else then? If you are you'll have to go back to this place after to get an accurate comparison.
It will be done at engine dynamics when the cams are fitted, it will eventually go back to mikes in the end to see the true gains

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
Iam no engine tuner, but there is a chance the car could have been and is still quite a bit overfueled so although the airflow has no doubt been increased its not enough to counteract the overfueling. Also the air sensors have been relocated into a different shaped inlet/plenum as these also affect the fueling ( correct me if iam wrong) there could be an issue with those. Personaly iam replacing mine as they are pretty dirty with oil.

2020 Merc E450 Coupe
Iam no engine tuner, but there is a chance the car could have been and is still quite a bit overfueled so although the airflow has no doubt been increased its not enough to counteract the overfueling. Also the air sensors have been relocated into a different shaped inlet/plenum as these also affect the fueling ( correct me if iam wrong) there could be an issue with those. Personaly iam replacing mine as they are pretty dirty with oil.

If it has been given more air to mix with the over fueling, surely it would make more power with the better balance/AFR? (even if its still rich) Which it didn't looking at the dyno results. But I'm sure a remap to suit (before and after) will give us definitive answers and we still haven't got that yet.

997.1, Caddy, e208
IMO, if you bought this with no proven results, claims, promises etc. It's a bit unfair to be chasing for your money back. You all took the risk and it didn't pay off, if you wanted tried/tested you should've paid the extra and waited for a 2nd hand rs2 to come up for sale. Seems to be you all wanted the cheap(er) version if it was just as good but not happy to accept that the gamble didn't pay off & you've been left with something not as good as the original (even at a cheaper price!)

I can't imagine K-Tec would entertain a refund if the induction kit didn't return 10-12bhp as claimed!

Yes, it's a lot of money, but for a £200 saving on a £1000 item, was it really worth a risk? Whenever I'm spending upwards of £500 on anything I make sure I'm buying the best thing I can for my money, I'd rather have an expensive version of something that works than a cheaper version that doesn't.... Buy cheap, buy twice!

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
IMO, if you bought this with no proven results, claims, promises etc. It's a bit unfair to be chasing for your money back. You all took the risk and it didn't pay off, if you wanted tried/tested you should've paid the extra and waited for a 2nd hand rs2 to come up for sale. Seems to be you all wanted the cheap(er) version if it was just as good but not happy to accept that the gamble didn't pay off & you've been left with something not as good as the original (even at a cheaper price!)

I can't imagine K-Tec would entertain a refund if the induction kit didn't return 10-12bhp as claimed!

Yes, it's a lot of money, but for a £200 saving on a £1000 item, was it really worth a risk? Whenever I'm spending upwards of £500 on anything I make sure I'm buying the best thing I can for my money, I'd rather have an expensive version of something that works than a cheaper version that doesn't.... Buy cheap, buy twice!
I think the problem is that we would have bought the RS2 inlet but the guy isnt answering emails on the website so it looks like its not happening. And i hardly think we bought cheap! It looked a good product from the pictures and you can see a lot of work has gone into it with the cnc machining. I still think it well made apart from the obvious flaws that have been pointed out. Iam sure the first person who bought an rs2 for over a grand had to take a leap of faith. But if everone played it safe nobody would develop these products and nothing would be made for our cars. K am just going to fit it now and hopefully it will give me some improvements if not so be it.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
I think the problem is that we would have bought the RS2 inlet but the guy isnt answering emails on the website so it looks like its not happening. And i hardly think we bought cheap! It looked a good product from the pictures and you can see a lot of work has gone into it with the cnc machining. I still think it well made apart from the obvious flaws that have been pointed out. Iam sure the first person who bought an rs2 for over a grand had to take a leap of faith. But if everone played it safe nobody would develop these products and nothing would be made for our cars. K am just going to fit it now and hopefully it will give me some improvements if not so be it.
I think the points Oggy were making was that the RS2 was comprehensively tried and tested within the UK on a number of cars before being offered on the market. It was a proven product.

While this may 'look' quality it's had zero exposure in the UK market so while you guys should be applauded for taking a leap of faith you had to know that as the first you were effectively trialling the product for this market and there would have been development issues which needed working through.

I think when he said about picking up an RS2 he said a used one. It's strange that there seems so much demand for new ones but the rights-owner doesn't seem inclined to play ball. Who knows?

Great support from Dan here by the way, effectively testing the product he has no involvement in the success of - kudos!

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Would be nice if the maker and seller cliosportap would respond,but i guess he wont.

clio rs 2000
Would be nice if the maker and seller cliosportap would respond,but i guess he wont.
why?
do i have to look after every thread whats written?
i newly saw this thread and want to make some explanations
some of them said that its not quality, how can be cast alu quality and machined alu not quality can anyone explain this
dan said that there are leakages , everyone knows that this car is not turbo and even in oem manifold all sensors are not screwed and only a tight fitment because it is sucking in all the sensors while runing. so how can be a leakage out

the other thing is i dont care always dyno s because sometimes they dont give the right values depending on the quality and operator of the device
in turkey there is a word dont test your car on dyno test it on road with an other car, and you can see the difference and improvment of the car

after mailing and not getting any response from rs2 for 2 months we said that why we dont make this and our first aim is not make profit because we are still using these kits 3 of our cars and very happy for the results. we made them for our own
some said that the car is rich and can they recognize it

yes the dyno result is only 1.5 hp for drake but how can be the car feels very responsive with only 1.5 hp's

everybody knows that if you want to get in more air firstifull your compressions must be good
i couldnt know if every car is healty with high compressions psi 's corect timing with coreect map
i am only selling these items form ebay and most of them are happy

172 Turbo
@cliosportap - Doesn't explain your shody packaging that meant those that spent £850 on this then have damaged units.
Your post doesn't explain why those who have spent £850 on this then had to redrill them to fit their engine.
Or why you didn't realise there was different coil pack mounts.

The reason why it feels different is he's spent £850 on it, of course it feels different to him.