ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TomoTek - 182 Track Build here we come!...

Hollidog

ClioSport Club Member
Hi mate, we’re running in class C again in the TDC. Want to give it another shot this year.

Supercup run in another race as the grids are two big to combine them (used to be the same race) the supercup control tyres are Yokos now too, not the Toyos

What rough power at the wheels are you running? Must be decent to run in class A?
Ah ok, on the same weekend as the others? The calendars don't seem to line up on the MSV websites lol.

Engine is being rebuilt after I blew it at Silverstone last year, hoping to get to around 220 at the fly which should come to around 190 at the wheels assuming ~15% drivetrain loss (what have you seen, out of interest?) then hoping to get the weight down to around 950kg so around 196whp/ton. Otherwise run ballast and go into B, depends on which one I'm closer to tbh.

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
Ah ok, on the same weekend as the others? The calendars don't seem to line up on the MSV websites lol.

Engine is being rebuilt after I blew it at Silverstone last year, hoping to get to around 220 at the fly which should come to around 190 at the wheels assuming ~15% drivetrain loss (what have you seen, out of interest?) then hoping to get the weight down to around 950kg so around 196whp/ton. Otherwise run ballast and go into B, depends on which one I'm closer to tbh.
They run the races independently. So the TDC and Supercup aren't always on the same weekends or tracks. Most of the time they are though.

We've been seeing around a 18% loss from fly to wheel hp.

Is 950kg your weigh with or without driver?, as the min weights include driver and fuel left over.

Hollidog

ClioSport Club Member
They run the races independently. So the TDC and Supercup aren't always on the same weekends or tracks. Most of the time they are though.

We've been seeing around a 18% loss from fly to wheel hp.

Is 950kg your weigh with or without driver?, as the min weights include driver and fuel left over.
Gotcha. Damn 18%! I think that'll definitely put me down to B. Find out in a couple weeks once it's on the rollers I suppose.

950kg with me and post race fuel. I'm only 64kg in race kit, full jockey spec haha. Might not matter any more anyway!

If I do end up in B I think I'll go TDC as I already have a set of R888R

paul-h

ClioSport Club Member
  172, Hyundai i30N
Yeah he wasn’t happy, didn’t see him after the race but saw he’d written some ‘interesting’ comments about me on Facebook in the Civic Owners Page as he was after a new door (not getting dragged into all that)

Simon in the Clio pulled the same move on me the lap or two before, but I saw him coming in my mirrors and just ran wide and gave him space.. then got the cut back on him at the next corner.

As James said, R888Rs for everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are they the same compound of tyre front to back?

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
Quick question, what hot pressures are you running at Donnie? I'm gonna run my R888r there on Monday.. TIA.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk