ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

E92 335i

Took the car on a 1,000 mile trip last week to St Ives.

It managed to average 32.1 mpg over a single 395 mile drive home. Filled up in Hayle and got home in York with 35 miles in the tank.

14486367192_90e2166c1b_b.jpg

14301212437_13f084de3e_b.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Awesome. Credit to you for sticking it out after all the warranty work etc.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Someone on here(Barron I think?) has an M3 in your colour ad they've updated the rear lights jut to see what they look like.

Reactions: C.J
Ditched the RFTs last week for some Goodyear asymmetric 2s. Also put new brakes on the rear. The ride has improved, it's far less harsh over the smallest of bumps. I'm yet to properly test them out though, I've done about 25 miles on them.

I've upped the widths by 10, so I'm getting very slight rubbing on full lock at the front (it's catching on the inner arches at the back of the wall), need to find a way to sort this, maybe spacers up front but need to look into it.

16177510958_f003bdd5a6_h.jpg

16370876862_679896f9b8_h.jpg

15742698324_584df22b6f_h.jpg

16345799196_c05e33a1a8_h.jpg

15751781303_05a784d358_h.jpg

15749333544_375b012d88_h.jpg

Cheers lads.

I am on the verge of moving on, but every time I get in this I can't bring myself to sell it yet.

But what would you replace it with, would have to be something special.
I like the idea of something bigger/practical for family/holidays etc. Like a 5 series or a Disco 3/4.
But I can't make my mind up, even the Mrs tells me to keep it and let her have the practical cars.

@C.J any idea of it's value/how much you'd be looking for?
I had a 5min browse on AT last week, and prices vary. I personally don't think it's worth more than £12k, could be as low as ~£10k based on age/mileage alone.

But I'm hoping the spec holds out for best price (Msport, iDrive, manual, red leather) and it's had warranty throughout its life.

RS4
I sold my E92 335i sport for 12k 1.5 years ago. Manual black on black with 65k
They are holding their values pretty well tbh.

Started getting a whine coming from the engine bay a couple of weeks ago (just as I was leaving Malton Big Breakfast), sounded like a belt/pulley squeak.

Local indi has just diagnosed it's the AC pump/compressor bearings. All in, £995. LOL.

I'm hoping it's covered under BMW warranty (I don't see why not), so booked into them to check/repair hopefully. It's strange though, as the noise is constant whether the AC is on/off, but I'm not the mechanic.

Saying that. I had my 135i for two years and gave it a lot of hard use and it was spot on. Apart from the fuel pump which was done under warranty when I first got it.

Leon Cupra 300
If your aircon compressor is anything like mine on my 550i then it won't have a clutch.

It's engaged all the time weather the aircon is switched on or off so is constantly turning.

That could explain why the noise doesn't change if it's switched on or off.

Reactions: C.J