ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gaz.'s 1996 Mazda RX7 FD3S Efini (JDM & Rotary Content)

Raised it up yesterday so I could actually get off the drive. It's not 100% level but TBH it was pissing me off cunting about with blocks of wood etc just to try and jack the b*****d thing up.

Decided to wash it and take some decent pictures today, washed it and then found the camera battery was flat. So iPhone images with photobucket photo ruining it is again.

4b34eb01.jpg

38a257d4.jpg

1e28e758.jpg

1d6ecb54.jpg

e17bcc38.jpg

4e275842.jpg

79a33aac.jpg

Dyno is scheduled for Tuesday to confirm the misfire has gone. IF that is the case, we'll stick the Apexi PFC on check it runs OK on that too.
Also been speaking to Matt at SlideMotorsport in Featherstone (I happened to buy my previous S14a from him) and because I can't really be arsed with what little spare time I have, I'm going to get him sort out the suspension woes, and have him fit the brake setup I have amassed. Might as well pay somebody seeing as I'm stuck at work so much, means I can actually enjoy the car then.

Also need to find somebody who wants a challenge detailing the thing. People need to stop trying to paint black cars and dragging rotary polishers across them :rolleyes:

Doubt it, need a house and a respray isn't cheap. I can't get a quick blow over with the paint from my mate like I did the Nissan as he's moved jobs. I'll have to live with it I guess.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Glad you're getting it all sorted!

I also know the feeling about fucked black paint, mine looks hideous in the sun. Need to find someone to detail it.

Certainly. I don't want much more, 10mm maybe. An alignment will close it up a bit too, as I don't like lots of rear negative camber.

Need longer studs etc anyway, and frankly have bigger things to sort than that ATM.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Wheels look f**kin awesome on this, also keep the prefacelift bumper looks so much better than the 99 spec front end.

What's the next big step with it?

Confirming the misfire is gone, which is Tuesday. Then getting the suspension checked over to see WTF is up with the handling, and whilst it's there, the full brake setup is off on in a couple of weeks.

So that's the AP setup up front, Mazda 929 master cylinder, ABS removed and braided lines (including clutch line, as they share the same reservoir.)

I could have done it all myself and normally would, but I'd rather get it done whilst I'm stuck at work and use my days off to actually enjoy the thing.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Wheels look f**kin awesome on this, also keep the prefacelift bumper looks so much better than the 99 spec front end.

What's the next big step with it?

I agree.

And if it was mine, i'd have some massive 5 inch bean can for an exhaust, angled up a bit.

Never above 25mpg
I think the front numberplate could be positioned better but my only criticism. Looks fine as is now it's been raised a bit!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Put the plate on the side of the bumper partially covering the oil cooler... Helps with oil temps

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
FLOL!! £1600 for those.

This whole scene tax thing is a joke now.

Bearing in mind new they are like 5k for a pair... It's a good price, same as the nsx seats which sell for similar money.