ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gaz.'s 1996 Mazda RX7 FD3S Efini (JDM & Rotary Content)

Found out why it was idling bad, I'd forgotten to plug in the throttle sensor!

Anyway, set of good used coils arrived through the post this afternoon, so I whipped the UIM off, fitted them, and rebuilt it...

66a73afb.jpg

New coils, even look in better nick than mine did...

5c318a8c.jpg

Well, it feels like it's fixed anyway. Going to get it on the dyno when I can and confirm it, but it revved through to the limit a few times without the engine dying!

Found out why it was idling bad, I'd forgotten to plug in the throttle sensor!

Well, it feels like it's fixed anyway. Going to get it on the dyno when I can and confirm it, but it revved through to the limit a few times without the engine dying!

:approve:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Pretty sure on here or Fduk I said check everything is plugged back in where it should.... U replied saying everything was where it should be lol!!!!

Good news hopefully, sounds like it decided to work at just the right time.

Could of been the final straw if not?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
What's wrong with the steering??? Ur brakes must be really bad as the stock fd3s are some of the best brakes on any car!!!

I'm basically just trying to keep both front wheels from going opposite ways. Tie rods or ball joints dead, plus the mix match suspension, plus alignment. Discs are fucked. I don't care what people say about standard brakes, 294mm 4 pots aren't amazing, been there before.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Dude I know people who race rx7's and use the stock settup... They really are that good.... Don't compare them to 200sx brakes it's a completely different league!! Bit it's ur choice... Check that the uj on the colum that is by the turbo's isn't loose.

So, it's my weekend again. I was meant to be on AET's dyno this morning to confirm the misfire is gone, however they had to cancel on me.

So, I decided to fit my HSD coilovers as they had arrived. Spent about an hour trying to get a front shock out, realised the suspension arms would have to come off, it started raining, so I thought f**k it, couldn't be bothered. I did however discover the car has been fitted with polybushes in Japan...

a809a6c6.jpg

ef55e2b3.jpg

Got some bits from Japan last week. One got smashed up in transit (an R-Magic PFC Commander holder), but this survived. It's an R-Magic heavyweight shift knob, much nicer than the tat mine came with...

a0b71ae5.jpg

09e9a8b8.jpg

Also took her for a quick run to put some charge into the battery, took some crap iPhone images whilst it rained...

f062cb17.jpg

3fe197c7.jpg

ca69b71c.jpg

Badly needs lowering!

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Did the drive give you some more love for the car mate? It looks good (arch gap aside*) ;)

if you want arch gap come see my standard GT4

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Needs lows like you say, perhaps a little camber on the front and rear too (I'm not talking silly, I'm talking to improve handling as well as looks).

I find I either really like these, or really hate them. Proper marmite car for me. Yours looks promising :)

I presume you can't see the feck load of negative camber in the front on shot Rhys?! That's about -2 or so degrees.

All it needs is to close up to the tyres, haven't got a lot of clearance underneath to work with (same as the Nissan was), so by the time I've closed it up there's only about 2" road clearance.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Was going to mention the camber in the second car pic.

Still looks brilliant all the same, keep up the good work.

Listerine & Poledo
I'll never understand the fascination with camber, but it doesn't stop me loving this motor!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
If them bushes are black... That's stock bushes... And u can change shocks without removing arms....

Rear is a pain, undo the rear arb mount first... The end of thE arb goes through the shock... Might need a smack to get it out.

OEM bushes feel like polyurethane Malice?

I decided this morning I'd whip the coilovers on, before I had to go help a friend dismantle his car.

Didn't take many pictures, but here's one of the Teins from the rear (the fronts were just springs and shocks remember)...

53a4ef18.jpg

And here's a nice lubed up HSD in...

6e01f6e8.jpg

Bottomed the rear coilovers out, but the fronts can go another 20-30mm!

Crap pictures as I was rushing to go help my friend out. I'm unfortunately going to have to raise it, as I have to use full lock whilst dropping down a kerb to get off my drive. The wings aren't going to like that, plus it's sat on the arch liners and generally going to be a PITA.

Enjoy anyway...

263ce905.jpg

082e4e54.jpg

48910353.jpg

24c5d1df.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Very nice.

Are any of those wuheels my old ones or have you destroyed every last one now?? ;)