ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Looks good mate, I was chatting with your brother the other week and he mentioned you were going down the turbo route.

Quick one about your steering rack hose, was it a local place that did it or the one down next to Gatwick? I could do with one myself.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Looks good mate, I was chatting with your brother the other week and he mentioned you were going down the turbo route.

Quick one about your steering rack hose, was it a local place that did it or the one down next to Gatwick? I could do with one myself.

182 Cup & DCi 172

Yours the Trophy from Murton? See it often

Turbo is my Christmas project when I am off. Need to do my epas and aircon delete first.

The pipe is from Mitch at Proline Motorsport

182 Cup & DCi 172
Well I promised I wasn't going to start the work until I had been out enjoying the car but I got bored tonight when s**t Factor was on haha.

Aircon removed and none aircon bulkhead panel fitted.

Also removed aux belt, alternator, compressor and steering pump.

Letting pipes empty into bottles tonight then will be continuing tomorrow night!

DSC_7153_zpsjm8seos8.jpg

DSC_7154_zps8qbpkrke.jpg

DSC_7157_zps7gjuudru.jpg

DSC_7159_zpsxrcaxreh.jpg

DSC_7160_zpsguehvjxt.jpg

182 Cup & DCi 172
Didn't get much time tonight after my trailer driving lessons but made some good progress still....

Cup alternator all fitted with shorter belt all fitted up.

Really happy with how it all looks and deleted the aircon and power steering pump.

DSC_7164_zps4odzftdz.jpg

DSC_7162_zpsgejgeghn.jpg

DSC_7161_zpsdjawmhdp.jpg

DSC_7165_zps44lfik7k.jpg

This leaves the steering pipes to finish removing and rack to be plugged and looped then move onto the interior for the column change.

182 Cup & DCi 172
Well that was horrible!

Power steering pipes are a nightmare to remove haha.

DSC_7179_zpsji7c4ugr.jpg

DSC_7178_zpsrsfjjcxk.jpg

DSC_7176_zpsac9bqxat.jpg

DSC_7173_zpszvepmlfe.jpg

Degreased the engine bay after all the power fluid escaping haha

DSC_7171_zpsdzm26gdn.jpg

Engine bay now looking canny....

DSC_7169_zpsz5neysav.jpg

DSC_7168_zpsj6mfbnwt.jpg

DSC_7167_zpse0dehe0h.jpg

Just the column left to do on my days off next week!

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
I'm thinking of doing the very same with the AC. Looks like you've done well.

182 Cup & DCi 172
What do you think of it? I really like mine.

Will be next week then I test it hopefully. Got the upper column to change and wire it all in

I'm thinking of doing the very same with the AC. Looks like you've done well.

Cheers, means won't get the issues with steering fluid boiling over haha

Nice! That bodywork looks lovely now.

Look forward to seeing the turbo fitted to this thing :up:

Simon has done an amazing job of the paintwork. Really impressive.

Turbo should be going on over my Christmas holidays, should be fun haha

182 Cup & DCi 172
More days off so managed to crack on....

All working first attempt with no issues upto now.

Love the variation and means you can still have excellent steering feel.

Have also replaced the HVAC controls to one without ac button and also fitted a non sticky dash top as breaking my daily Dci clio as got a new daily.

The Cup alternator I was sold was duff so got a reconditioned replacement on as well.

Lots of pics.....

DSC_7189_zpswwarde3i.jpg

DSC_7193_zpsyn9ocq7o.jpg

DSC_7194_zpsf3ondwft.jpg

DSC_7196_zps5is9gbh1.jpg

DSC_7197_zpswojsb6ww.jpg

DSC_7200_zps6wjuy1px.jpg

DSC_7202_zpsbwd8pres.jpg

DSC_7203_zpsb49xwvjv.jpg

DSC_7221_zpsbm1zlfra.jpg

DSC_7225_zpsaaogndj3.jpg

DSC_7226_zpstfmvawpx.jpg

DSC_7237_zpscfecwfjq.jpg

DSC_7239_zpshqfntmvu.jpg

DSC_7241_zpsvurgbxu7.jpg

DSC_7244_zpsv0yfacj6.jpg

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
How did you go about removing the power steering pipes off the rack? About to tackle mine in the next week. Making fast progress with this!

182 Cup & DCi 172
How did you go about removing the power steering pipes off the rack? About to tackle mine in the next week. Making fast progress with this!

I couldn't be bothered to save them so used a junior hacksaw at each point and chopped them out. Much easier haha

They can be taken out complete just a pain that's all

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
Did you manage to get the fittings out with the rack and subframe still in place? Even after cutting the pipes.

182 Cup & DCi 172
Did you manage to get the fittings out with the rack and subframe still in place? Even after cutting the pipes.

Yeah was actually easier as manged to get a spanner on properly rather than just the flats.

If you try an open ended spanner you will probably round the fittings as they are well in there haha.

Flare spanner if not cutting pipes

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
Yeah was actually easier as manged to get a spanner on properly rather than just the flats.

If you try an open ended spanner you will probably round the fittings as they are well in there haha.

Flare spanner if not cutting pipes

Getting the hacksaw out then haha cheers mate!

182 Cup & DCi 172
If anyone is doing the same EPAS conversion as me check the clearance off the top of the crack pulley to the block.

Now on a PK4 850 and alot more room.

DSC_7316_zpsowerokw4.jpg

Mine was quite close and did rub slightly, I had a noise which I assumed was that but wasnt.....

My 16mm socket had fallen in next to the water pump pulley and was catching now and again, oops! Lucky boy

Also worked my way through the Christmas tree of a dashboard haha....

Traction and abs light were on as the squib plug had come partially put. Airbag and Serv light on as a resistor had failed for steering wheel so soldered some new ones in before going through the squib.

DSC_7317_zps1mjbgcre.jpg

DSC_7318_zpssjpriz9k.jpg

Low and behold dashboard all clear. Car drives superbly as well and think I have found the sweet spot for weighting of the steering.

All on track still to bolt turbo on at Chrismas!!!!!!! Can't wait

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
Good updated.

I've just collected all the parts to do the very same as you. How do you find the EPAS?

Finally how have you run your belt now?

182 Cup & DCi 172
Good updated.

I've just collected all the parts to do the very same as you. How do you find the EPAS?

Finally how have you run your belt now?

I like the EPAS, turn it up for normal town driving and down to get a decent steering feel for fun driving.

The belt comes off creak and over water pump before going round altern.

182 Cup & DCi 172
Started earlier than expected with the turbo conversion.

Cut the 182 manifold off to save time and got the sump off as well.

I have drilled and tapped the block for the oil return and have started on the heatshield.

The engine is lifted around 80mm in the engine bay so the sump can be done much easier.

Ecu is off tomorrow for base map so all heading in the right direction.

DSC_7397_zps8nvuolz0.jpg

DSC_7398_zpsuxwple6l.jpg

DSC_7399_zpshibtuquj.jpg

DSC_7401_zpswzbzldds.jpg

DSC_7407_zpsb6nm5xdv.jpg

182 Cup & DCi 172
Well a nice chilled few jobs progressed as not waiting for arse pieces fancy sump bolts......

- Turbo is loosely mounted with new gasket
- All coolant lines in and coolant replaced as well as bottle replaced
- Oil lines all ran in
- Breather setup started but want to move it
- Sump replaced with new gasket
- Bulkhead heatshield fitted
- Downpipe loosely in place

Had a nice message off Engine Dynamics to say they have already posted my ECU with base map. Excellent customer service as they only had it delivered yesterday.

Next days off I will get the boost piping and intercooler in and then it's wiring before securing everything 100% and putting exhaust on.

DSC_7432_zpsbyourlhf.jpg

DSC_7433_zps6x2wlcv6.jpg

DSC_7435_zpstdboqyz1.jpg

DSC_7437_zpsl3heqmm0.jpg

DSC_7442_zpsdpzlcmml.jpg

dan's cast offs.
You might find the 850 belt slips, you can't tension them properly with epas set up. I never go longer than 838.

Pull the drivers shaft out, only takes five minutes and gives you so much more room.

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Good work so far! Proline link pipe looks very tidy.
You got a part number for the non a/c bulkhead cover? My ac is coming out I’ve winter

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
Good work so far! Proline link pipe looks very tidy.
You got a part number for the non a/c bulkhead cover? My ac is coming out I’ve winter

He doesn't know! I've already asked!

If I find out I'll drop you a PM.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
great work. what happened to the ktec induction kit u had fitted? im after one...............so if your selling................

182 Cup & DCi 172
  182 Cup & DCi 172
Another hour or 2 in the garage today.....

- Ecu is back from engine dynamics
- made up 13 core wiring loom for piggyback ecu
- Megane plugs in set at 0.9mm
- Megane injectors in
- started mocking up more of the pipework

DSC_7446_zps3nvad97t.jpg

DSC_7448_zps5xj9rk0c.jpg

DSC_7449_zpszkwzxafh.jpg

DSC_7450_zpsirvtwfcw.jpg

DSC_7451_zpsvwph7doh.jpg

DSC_7452_zps6kteycdg.jpg

DSC_7456_zpsm5ygfwgl.jpg

Also picked up some new magnecors for th rebuild time.

DSC_7458_zps353uqlt9.jpg

I’m using the AEM to, have engine dynamics mapped the standard ECU and the AEM? I was under the impression it was just the AEM that modified the signal to the standard ECU? I’ve not spoken to them yet so interested to know.

182 Cup & DCi 172
I’m using the AEM to, have engine dynamics mapped the standard ECU and the AEM? I was under the impression it was just the AEM that modified the signal to the standard ECU? I’ve not spoken to them yet so interested to know.

They need to put a turbo base map on the original ecu and AEM then piggybacks for injector control

182 Cup & DCi 172
Well another short spell between Christmas running around and managed to sort a few more bits.

- Vac lines ran in
- Wiring complete to AEM unit
- Boost gauge piped and wired in

Need an extra pair of hands for lining up downpipe and some smaller arms to get to underside bolts on manifold. So my brother has drawn short straw haha.

DSC_7465_zps6b965ti8.jpg

DSC_7468_zps60azgh3x.jpg

DSC_7470_zpsfgcgpess.jpg

All the lines have been covered in braid to add to the factory look.

DSC_7471_zps2zrmoo8y.jpg

DSC_7472_zpskbthw1by.jpg

182 Cup & DCi 172
I had the opportunity for an hour in the garage and even better my brother came round in his trophy to help @matty1995

So we now have turbo bolted on fully, downpipe fitted and when he left I spent half an hour removing aircon rad and mounting the intercooler......

Also had to mount radiator correctly as wasn't sat in its rubber.

DSC_7473_zpsrlobozva.jpg

DSC_7474_zps5qpmp6if.jpg

DSC_7475_zpssa7cm4ml.jpg

DSC_7476_zpsfh5y7vfv.jpg

DSC_7477_zps9dqajse5.jpg

DSC_7478_zps1pwmrmfn.jpg

Nice and stealthy....

DSC_7480_zpsqrespqbe.jpg

Merry Christmas for tomorrow everyone!