ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Porsche Cayman S Race Car

Cup In bits
Interesting....without being too nosey, I guess that's for your dads gain? Bonus of living on the island of the Manx TT can't be bad either.

Lotus Elise
My dad was head hunted for a job over here then decided to move the family over due it being a lovely place to bring kids up. The tax benefits are slowly dwindling but are most definitely a bonus.

Cheers mike we are at Oulton next if you can make it.

Lotus Elise
image.jpg

Things maybe getting out of hand......update soon.

Lotus Elise
Gents,
Seen as you are all so kind I think an update is required :smiley:
Hmm So where are we?

Due to complicated development reasons we ended up getting another Cayman race car this one build by Porsche Italy. It was bit of a dog but had 997 Carrera Cup car front suspension, uprights, top mount, and brakes etc. It also had a GT3 crown wheel and 320bhp steel engine.

We did a race with both cars at Silverstone which was hugely entertaining as my farther and I finally got to go toe to toe and race each other directly :smiley:
He got a better start off the line but two laps later I was in the lead lapping much faster in the slower car. Settled the argument once and for all on who’s faster. No vid sadly, not sure why but I can’t find the memory card anywhere. Grrrr.

Took the white car to Le Mans which was fun, saw good few peeps from CS who said some very kind things about it so Cheers!

Recent developments.
A few months ago we had a bespoke peddle box built for the car and replumbed the brake lines. The SVP boys did a beautiful job as per usual. We went to Spa for a quick play and test a few other upgrades, bigger wheels and tyres, different pads etc.
IMG_3822_zps6f39b9df.gif

IMG_3823_zpsa0e214a0.gif

IMG_3824_zps3693a179.gif

IMG_3828_zps6539b526.gif

IMG_3843_zps68f6b796.gif

IMG_3844_zpsafaf45d2.gif

3 hour delay was dull!
IMG_3847_zpse778139c.jpg

Nap time for Warren, he soon woke up especially when we had a entire turn off opposite lock applied. Opps :smile:
IMG_3853_zps7ddbdd99.gif

IMG_3848_zps4302f743.jpg

Poor GTR

A few pics from the SVP workshop for the rally fans
Rebuilt Pug 205 GTI Rally car.
IMG_3826_zpse81b9c2a.jpg

IMG_3825_zpsd8d78a7e.gif

Recently dipped shell, its so straight for a car with such history.
IMG_3827_zpsa8b1254a.jpg

Random Seat thing, lovely car with laughable front track and sequential box. Originally built by Seat rebuilt by SVP.
IMG_3830_zps31b809e2.jpg

Sorry for the awful pictures I am by no means a photographer.

Winter to do list:

Bespoke Wiring loom
Motec M13O ECU
http://www.motec.com/m1/m1overview/
Motec CDL Dash
http://www.motec.com/displayscdl3/displayscdl3overview/
Motec Control Panel
http://www.motec.com/keypads/keypadoverview/
Corner Lamps
Rapid Flash Main Beam
GT3 3rd Radiator
Plastics Windows
Radio Upgrade
Engine Rebuild
GT4 Rear Wing
Flat floor
Diffusser

Engine Rebuild Spec:

Steal Liners
Omega Pistons and Rods
Super Finished Valves and Spring
Stroked and Bored to 4 litres
Billet Crank
Bigger cams (can’t remember spec)
Cylinder head rework (done in America somewhere)
New Inlet
New Exhaust
Target 475bhp :smiley:

Racing plans wise, watch this space but if it comes off it will be a big tick in the life goals box. :smiley:

Last edited:
  Lotus Elise
Cheers guys.

Ben, he's a property developer in the Isle of Man, whereas I'm an automotive engineer in England.

Cupra, Fiesta ST2
Was that seat on ebay recently? Sold for very little iirc
The Ibiza used to be used by a guy known as RobT and he was more secretive over the car than some F1 teams. The car then ended up in SVP's hands and from what I understand they made it into a car useable for rallying.

Lotus Elise
Update time!
Firstly, entry confirmed for this:
TFA-24hr-Dunlop-nodate-blac_zpsrkosqncr.gif

Britcar 24 hours 24th, 25th & 26th April :smiley:
4 drivers, with the car being ran by SVP and Lahan Racing.

The Car
Full bespoke Motec wiring loom with 2 PDMs running a full CAN bus system so no fuses and no relays on the entire car! Full Motec Dash (no pic, sorry) with built in sim card (for sending texts from pit wall to dash), Motec steering wheel buttons x6.

Engine ECU is a LIFE item with 2 EGT (Exhaust Gas Temperature) inputs, full VVC control, knock sensors etc.

The engine is built up and in the car, all 4 litres of steel flat six loveliness. :smiley: Hoping for 2 maps, an endurance one for optimum efficiency between power and fuel consumption the other will be an all out power map with higher RPM limit, running richer. In addition there is a new fuel system with lift pumps and swirl pots circa 120 litres in total.

Chassis wise, the Proflex Dampers are having a rebuild and we have wider wheels all round. The brakes are still under discussion, looking likely that a move to AP items is on the cards…. Watch this space.

We have a change of harnesses and seat coming too purely for comfort and to suit a broader range of driver.
IMG_4280_zpssf5i9kkd.gif

Quick fill holes in the bonnet.

IMG_4279_zpsekakcnl3.gif

Foam filled ATL Fuel cell.

IMG_4284_zpsb8pfbsbn.gif

3rd Rad to cool the motor

IMG_4149_zpsyryzwitt.gif

A PDM

IMG_4275_zpsidtxscot.gif

Front PDM mounted and wired into the bespoke loom.

IMG_4271_zpsrjq8gl3h.gif

Data download point with easy access for downloads mid driver change.

IMG_4272_zpshmcynv8h.gif

Driver LEDs for pit stops and driver changes.

IMG_4161_zpsjcjor50c.gif

Motec button pad with engine start and fire extinguisher switch. Each button can have 3 functions programmed to it with a variety of back light colours.

IMG_4156_zpsf3vfsimm.gif

Meet Trofeo or Truufs for sort. 7 month old Corgi Pub.

The list of remaining jobs is large but achievable. We hope to test this month. I am very very exited! Any questions just ask.
Thanks

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Ingenious use of the strip LEDs as interior lights! I've got some of those for under cabinet lighting in my kitchen, and it never once occurred to me I could use the left over length for interior lights on my track car! Brilliant! I shall shamelessly steal the idea. Lol!

Cars looking very good mate. What sort of hp are you expecting from the engine?

Lotus Elise
I'll see you at Britcar then bud :smile:

@BIGASH is there aswell.

Splendid. Are you there for the test day too?

Ingenious use of the strip LEDs as interior lights! I've got some of those for under cabinet lighting in my kitchen, and it never once occurred to me I could use the left over length for interior lights on my track car! Brilliant! I shall shamelessly steal the idea. Lol!

Cars looking very good mate. What sort of hp are you expecting from the engine?

Glad you like it and let me know how you get on. We have some more to go on the cage for night time identification.
Engine wise, circa 100bhp per litre so 400bhp although some guys in America with this spec are seeing circa 475bhp. Right now we want a nice torquey mid range and power up to 7000-7200 RPM. 8k is within reach but 9k will require a more robust valve train.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Splendid. Are you there for the test day too?

Glad you like it and let me know how you get on. We have some more to go on the cage for night time identification.
Engine wise, circa 100bhp per litre so 400bhp although some guys in America with this spec are seeing circa 475bhp. Right now we want a nice torquey mid range and power up to 7000-7200 RPM. 8k is within reach but 9k will require a more robust valve train.

Potentially bud. Depends on work. I'm hoping to be, but I may need to be oop norf. Definitely be there Saturday / overnight into sunday.