ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
No mate, its a K-Tec jobbie.

Okey doke. Should've looked before before one off eBay then. Haha!
Oh well, it was only 55 delivered. Think I'll put it up for sale!

8ca02e9d7d08f24992e900bfe983d783.jpg

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
Family came over which stopped play on the car, but just been down to the garage with the luggage scales.

All the sound deadening off the floors is out now. Just the rear inside of the rear quarters and roof to do. However, I weighed what I'd taken out so far and it's bang on 5kg!

330i. E30 Touring.
Good work, although I wouldn't bother chasing every ounce.

Spend the time and effort on searching for bargain parts tbh. 5kgs isn't going to make much difference.. Finding cheap coil overs, tyres etc is. ;)

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
Good work, although I wouldn't bother chasing every ounce.

Spend the time and effort on searching for bargain parts tbh. 5kgs isn't going to make much difference.. Finding cheap coil overs, tyres etc is. ;)

Good advice dude.
The way I look at the weight saving, is it's free. Ironically, I should probably go on a diet. But I like cake. A lot.

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
I never had you down as one of the 'handy' types JP. Good work so far! I wouldn't even know where to start.

I'm pretty handy with a spanner.
Never done cars but I've built 2 bikes from scratch.
This is new territory for me, as I fancied a change and the trackday bug bit hard.

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
We need a weekend at Jp's. Bish bash bosh.

I have some small parts you can have for this if you want? Came off the flamer for various reasons.

That's kind of you dude! [emoji4]

I intend to hold a little gathering at mine too. It'll be Feb/ March I reckon. I'll hopefully have a selection of bargains by then too once Xmas is out the way. I have a spreadsheet. [emoji5]️

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
Literally nothing has happened to the car since before Xmas.
The house has eaten most of my spare dosh, but I did manage to pick up an exhaust from @punk_rallye and a set of 15" wheels.

With regards to the wheels, I'm not sure if they'll be wide enough?
7" from edge to edge, but not sure if it's 6.5 or 6 where the tyre sits?

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
Not a major update to be honest, but I am sick of opening the garage door and seeing my poor 172 looking sorry for itself.
Luckily, I've got a bonus coming in from work next week, so I have some cash to finally throw at the beast.

Sourced a gearbox thanks to @midge and come payday on Friday will be sourcing stuff to get the bugger running!

Then if anyone is up for it, who fancies a winter throwdown in my cosy garage?!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Not a major update to be honest, but I am sick of opening the garage door and seeing my poor 172 looking sorry for itself.
Luckily, I've got a bonus coming in from work next week, so I have some cash to finally throw at the beast.

Sourced a gearbox thanks to @midge and come payday on Friday will be sourcing stuff to get the bugger running!

Then if anyone is up for it, who fancies a winter throwdown in my cosy garage?!

I'm game. Make a weekend of building it back up or whatever we can do. Get the bear involved, sorted.

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
Decided to finally pull my finger out and get the old tar off the floor from removing the sound deadening material.

Before
4b7e511402ffed08d2dcc516a1b0c369.jpg

After
f35e6b52bda04a59d02f2ffb8647431a.jpg

For reference I was using some sort of degreaser my brother gave me a while back. Don't know what it is but it's orange scented and appears to be a mild acid for shifting this stuff!
I used some wire wool and gentle pressure and it shifted all but the very stubborn bits.

I also whipped off the front bumper and after 20 mins of swearing at it, the snapped towing eye just wouldn't budge.

92c47a78bca1995cae9103737d681ecb.jpg

RCTempire Adam decided I had "BJ" inscribed on my car...
1d3f51554d9a01cfe9ce8f0392523091.jpg

Also removed the rear wiper and motor. Just need a grommet and to remove the pipe work and either change the pump or block it off.

Reactions: Gus

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
Parts ordered today:
Cambelt Kit, with water pump, dephaser and head plugs
Oil & filter
Gearbox oil
Pollen filter
Spark plugs
Coolant
Exhaust mounts
RAMAIR induction filter
Silicone elbow and alloy joiner pipe
Jubilee clips
RAMAIR crankcase breather filter

@Russ Rallye has also contributed (in exchange for cold hard cash), OMP seat bases, a harness, and cup alternator setup.